Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free Spotify Radio on Sonos?

Free Spotify Radio on Sonos?

Since Spotify Radio is available on iOS with free Spotify Account, I would think/hope I would also be able to listen to Spotify on my Sonos system (as I'm able to do with other online streamers).  Are there any plans to offer this ability?

54 Replies

The Spotify service on Sonos is developed by Sonos themselves, so it would be down to them to implement it ...

However, on the other hand I don't know whether Spotify gives them the tools/APIs that would be needed to allow this in the first place.

So, definitely go post this on the Sonos forums too - but keep badgering both companies until we get an answer 🙂
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Sonos needs Spotify's help on this one, per this post: https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/spotify_on_sonos-1k05gw

You might want to add your support to this idea.

Don't see why u have to get a premium account at $10 a month when I already paid $400 for a Sonos speaker. I was planning to purchase another speaker and I won't now.

@user-removed I'm sure there's some logic in what you say but I'll be buggered if I can see it. Maybe suggest to Sonos that they should pay your subscription for you since you bought their speaker.

Spotify has the music, Sonos sold you the speaker...it's not the same company.  As someone else said, you could ask Sonos to pay for accounts...but obviously they would never do that...after 4 years they would owe more money than your speaker cost!

+1 please allow me to use the free spotify features with my Sonos

Any update on this?  I'd love to use Spotify with my new Sonos wirelessly, rather than plugging a mobile device into the line-in.

Now Google Play offer that feature.... so maybe Spotify also start...

+1

i bought sonos because i thought I can play spotify for free in sonos. end up so dissappointed.

Hi

Another option is that you connect a BT dongle to connect or Play 5. I have done that to connect and us my tablet.

The google Play music (Android) can interface to sonos but I am not sure if you have to pay for play or the free versionalso work with Sonos.

The point is not finding a way to plug in a device or any other shortcut.

It's all about convincing Spotify that we would be happy to use their free service also through our Sonos system (with all the advertising or whatever they consider is necessary, even with some differences in the service if they think it's a good strategy) and that would allow them to increase the number of users. At the moment their policy with Sonos seems to contradict their general approach. Probably because they think that if you spend money for those speakers you can afford a premium profile, but I would reconsider that idea 😉

You need Premium to use Spotify through any partner system (including Spotify Connect and things such as Smart TV apps) not only just with Sonos so I think a change is probably unlikely.

Any change in that would de-value the premium subscription further in my opinion.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

+1 Here to enabling Spotify Free on my SONOS system!

hi

I have got Deezer to work with Sonos. deezer seems to have the same as Spotify except that you can use the free version... 😉

I still cant understand why you need a paid subcription to listne to Spotify on Sonos.  The ony benefit to a subscription is have access to your saved music when off line. You cant acces Sonos off line!

On Spotify you need Premium to play it through any partner device including Spotify Connect so it's not just Sonos. Sonos does give you high quality streaming through that is a Premium only feature.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

+1 please allow me to use the free spotify features with my Sonos

+1 Hi, please to enable Spotify Free on my SONOS

Suggested posts