Free Spotify Radio on Sonos?

Free Spotify Radio on Sonos?

doober
Casual Listener

Since Spotify Radio is available on iOS with free Spotify Account, I would think/hope I would also be able to listen to Spotify on my Sonos system (as I'm able to do with other online streamers).  Are there any plans to offer this ability?

54 Replies

Re: Free Spotify Radio on Sonos?

licenced
Community Legend
The Spotify service on Sonos is developed by Sonos themselves, so it would be down to them to implement it ...

However, on the other hand I don't know whether Spotify gives them the tools/APIs that would be needed to allow this in the first place.

So, definitely go post this on the Sonos forums too - but keep badgering both companies until we get an answer :)
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

rlmthree

Sonos needs Spotify's help on this one, per this post: https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/spotify_on_sonos-1k05gw

Joe
Community Legend

You might want to add your support to this idea.

Sam732
Don't see why u have to get a premium account at $10 a month when I already paid $400 for a Sonos speaker. I was planning to purchase another speaker and I won't now.

Joe
Community Legend

@Sam732 I'm sure there's some logic in what you say but I'll be buggered if I can see it. Maybe suggest to Sonos that they should pay your subscription for you since you bought their speaker.

wildmilne

Spotify has the music, Sonos sold you the speaker...it's not the same company.  As someone else said, you could ask Sonos to pay for accounts...but obviously they would never do that...after 4 years they would owe more money than your speaker cost!

hmss007

+1 please allow me to use the free spotify features with my Sonos

dkotoole88

Any update on this?  I'd love to use Spotify with my new Sonos wirelessly, rather than plugging a mobile device into the line-in.

poulsene
Casual Listener

Now Google Play offer that feature.... so maybe Spotify also start...

SUGGESTED POSTS