Free Spotify Radio on Sonos?

Re: Free Spotify Radio on Sonos?

ztsen

+1

i bought sonos because i thought I can play spotify for free in sonos. end up so dissappointed.

poulsene
Casual Listener

Hi

Another option is that you connect a BT dongle to connect or Play 5. I have done that to connect and us my tablet.

The google Play music (Android) can interface to sonos but I am not sure if you have to pay for play or the free versionalso work with Sonos.

marcoboffi
Casual Listener

The point is not finding a way to plug in a device or any other shortcut.

It's all about convincing Spotify that we would be happy to use their free service also through our Sonos system (with all the advertising or whatever they consider is necessary, even with some differences in the service if they think it's a good strategy) and that would allow them to increase the number of users. At the moment their policy with Sonos seems to contradict their general approach. Probably because they think that if you spend money for those speakers you can afford a premium profile, but I would reconsider that idea ;)

Peter__
Community Legend
You need Premium to use Spotify through any partner system (including Spotify Connect and things such as Smart TV apps) not only just with Sonos so I think a change is probably unlikely.

Any change in that would de-value the premium subscription further in my opinion.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

joroma

+1 Here to enabling Spotify Free on my SONOS system!

poulsene
Casual Listener

hi

I have got Deezer to work with Sonos. deezer seems to have the same as Spotify except that you can use the free version... ;)

a2206
Casual Listener

I still cant understand why you need a paid subcription to listne to Spotify on Sonos.  The ony benefit to a subscription is have access to your saved music when off line. You cant acces Sonos off line!

Peter__
Community Legend
On Spotify you need Premium to play it through any partner device including Spotify Connect so it's not just Sonos. Sonos does give you high quality streaming through that is a Premium only feature.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

mitev13

+1 please allow me to use the free spotify features with my Sonos

Jspotti

+1 Hi, please to enable Spotify Free on my SONOS

SUGGESTED POSTS