Country
Anywhere (Issue seen in Denmark)

Device

Sony Playstation 4 Spotify App

Version: 2.07

Operating System

Playstation

Description

The same issue occurred to this reporter: https://bit.ly/30yDDGi bug was closed due to inactivity. 

When streaming the Game of  Thrones Season 1 soundtrack on the PS4, either through a Smartphone or the Spotify App on the PS4 - on some tracks; the audio is heavily distorted due to a metallic garbled noise over the strings and dulcimer melody. 16 tracks of 29 (~50%) are affected.

The tracks affected are:

- Goodbye Brother (From 00:44 seconds into the track)
- The Kings Arrival (From 01:00 minute)

- A Raven from King's Landing (From 00:30 seconds)

- The Wall (Entire track)

- A Golden Crown (Entire track)

- A Bird Without Feathers (Entire track)

- You'll Be Queen One Day (From 00:30 seconds)

- Black of Hair (Entire track is severely affected)
- You Win or You Die (Entire track is severely affected)

- Game of Thrones (Entire track is severely affected)

- Kill Them All (Entire track is severely affected)

- Victory Does Not Make Us Conquerors (Entire track is severely affected)

- When The Sun Rises In The West (Entire track is severely affected)

- King Of The North (Entire track is severely affected)

- Fire And Blood (From 02:20 minutes)

- Finale (From 00:46 seconds)

Result:

Sound is garbled and distorted on half on the tracks on this album. 

It must be a Spotify App issue on the Playstation 4, as this does not occur on any other devices, through bluetooth devices neither.

Thanks!

Jonathan

8 Replies

Try and reboot your PS4. Good luck.

Or try and disconnect it from my device,then ‘put” it back. Good luck.

Didn't work. Sorry!

When you say “distortion”,is it on all your albums on PS4? Can’t you delete the app in the menu? I have PS4,I only use it for gaming. So I don’t know if you can delete it. The fan noise is to distracting when listening to music. But from my recollection this the only option you have to listen to your music. And Game Of... is beautiful to listen to... But if your phone is okay. And I’m amusing your using that as your remote. I would either take a hard reset on the phone or delete the Spotify app in iPhone,or which phone your using. Or the only solution is to talk to Spotify support chat. But beware of a difficult experience. I had to delete my account then activate it. I was told this is only something they can do,that’s not true you can do it your self. And the support chat don’t know much. Maybe I was unlucky. But I had to chat with them for 5 hours. So I suggest you do it your self. You can use your old email,username. But you well get a system generated username in your profile at Spotify.com. A long strip with letters and numbers. I do believe of security reasons. You could always reformat your PS4,but that’s not wise,you’ll lose everything... But I do think you can set it to factory reset with out exactly reformatting it,like you did with old PCs and then you had install every thing again! Try and reboot your PS4 four a few hours maybe that well help,or reset your router.

And your using your tv as a source? I would perhaps talk to PS4 support or Spotify support. But the app on PS4 is know for being very difficult at times. I would ditch it and only use it for gaming and so on...

And if your using a HDIM cable,of course you are using it try and unplug it. Or if you use an optical cable try unplug that one too.

Did you solve your problem? Best of luck.

Hey there,still having problems? It must be the PS4 Spotify app that has bugs. I’m listening to “Godbye brother” now,it’s on completely set up though,still...  The track is complete fine. I would try and talk support to both firms. But when you say listen to Bluetooth devices everything is okey. Do you then mean you use Bluetooth together with your PS4? When I use PS4 the music comes from TV. So I’m not entirely sure by what you with Bluetooth. Of course I have used Bluetooth with other devices,devices I’m more familiar with. As I said I only use mine for gaming. But I do wish you figure this out. You only have the PS4 as source. Can’t use any other source? Is it there Bluetooth comes in? Best of luck. Ps. I could try mine PS4  if you like,then we could perhaps sort out the problem.

Suggested posts