Plan

Free/Premium

Country US

Device

Iphone 7 plus

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Im a Zumba instructor and would like to be able to adjust the time between each song. I see the option for crossfade but i need an option for time between songs to allow for breaks between and I dont have to conrol it myself. 

6 Replies

Hey @ZumbaLady

I'm afraid it's not currently possible to adjust the gap between songs, especially since content made available differs on that matter - some tracks are gapless, some have a notable gap in the end (or beginning).

I do find it's a great idea and I suggest posting it into the Ideas board, so other users can vote it up and comment on it and Staff can look into it as well.

Hope that helps, have a nice day! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @ZumbaLady 

A similar idea has been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Other-Gap-between-songs/idi-p/4833534

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This would be extremely useful to me when I teach spinning classes as well. When one song is done, I need to unlock my screen and pause my playlist so I can give instruction on the next song. I'm planning to work around this by trying to upload x second songs of deadspace to fake a gap in between real songs. 

Workaround for now: search for "Silent Track Mike Vargas". There are silent tracks of different length, that you can add wherever you need a gap.

(I would also prefer a more convenient option to adjust gaps between tracks, but until then, this works as a workaround.)

You can adjust playlists to have gaps between songs or completely gapless so that songs that have a connection to the next song will not have any delays or gaps between them when the song ends and changes to the next.

How do you do that? Is it possible to add a gap of, for example, 15 seconds?

Suggested posts