Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gapless playback on Spotify Connect?

Solved!

Gapless playback on Spotify Connect?

Hi,

Grateful if anyone can let me know if gapless playback is available on Spotify Connect? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @PaulMac,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

No worries, you'll need to make a new post about your idea if you can't find one that already exists. You can start by heading here.

Also, if you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works, make sure to head here.

Hope this helps clarify things further but don't hesitate to ask any questions should you need more help 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Does anyone know? 

It appears, and for no apparent reason, that gapless play is only available on single device apps, which precludes using computer apps, smart speakers or receivers.  Would anyone from Spotify like to address this?  It is quite annoying since many of the albums I listen to should be GAPLESS.

I finally managed to get through to someone at Spotify who suggested loads of possible fixes none of which worked. Finally after about 10 mins he checked with the 'technical' section and then declared gapless (on Connect) is not available at present and he had no idea if it ever will be. Wonderful!

Hey @PaulMac and @rfh,

Thanks for getting in touch!

It's true that Gapless playback is currently unavailable when streaming through Spotify Connect. If you'd like to see this feature however, feel free to post about this in the Ideas Exchange.

We hope to hear from you soon. Have a nice day!

Thanks  for the replies everyone.

Guido I'd be happy to post about this in the Ideas Exchange but does that need a new post seperate to this one? Sorry for the confusion mate.

Marked as solution

Hey there @PaulMac,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

No worries, you'll need to make a new post about your idea if you can't find one that already exists. You can start by heading here.

Also, if you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works, make sure to head here.

Hope this helps clarify things further but don't hesitate to ask any questions should you need more help 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Katerina, I'll go ahead and post there, cheers!

Suggested posts