Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Gear S3 - Shuffle/Save/Repeat Not available offline

Gear S3 - Shuffle/Save/Repeat Not available offline

Mikeward
Music Fan
The new offline mode is almost perfect and I'm wondering why shuffle and repeat are not available offline. This exclusion makes no sense to me, if the songs are downloaded then why should shuffling or repeating them be an issue. Please fix this soon or at least let us know of when this change might be implemented.

Regards

Mike
29 Replies

Re: Gear S3 - Shuffle/Save/Repeat Not available offline

Mikeward
Music Fan

No reply?

supervillainous

I'm also having this problem. Sometimes I can't even skip to the next song. Pressing skip will stop the current song... quite annoying

doverlock
Regular

Also having this issue. Seems daft to me that it wasn't implemented, it's a pretty awful user experience. 

Another thing I've noticed, if you select a song to play once the song finishes it'll always skip back to the 2nd song in the playlist. Pretty aggravating experience having to fiddle with your watch while on a run...

nocturno03
Regular

Same problem on my iPhone. Why does Spotify want to play songs from the library, when the  song is not downloaded? I think that's why the shuffle function stops. Pretty annoying!

Kjoleif

Same problem, no fix?

nocturno03
Regular

Maybe the problem is not annoying enough....

codermyers
Music Fan

Me too, Gear Fit 2 Pro.  Nice big Shuffle button, and it doesn't work.  I think maybe it picks one song at random, and then from there it plays sequentially.

nocturno03
Regular

Too bad, the shuffle function is really important. At least on your device it plays on. On the iPhone the player just stops because it wants to play a song which is not downloaded. But still no fix......

Aka7
Regular

Same issue here.

Also, seems that Spotify app has less "priority" in front of native player app, therefore controlling music from bt headset fails at one point.

Come one Spotify, do something. Quick.

SUGGESTED POSTS