Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Germany and Roku - missing app

Solved!

Germany and Roku - missing app

Hi all,

I just bought a Roku 3 device, here in Berlin, and was hoping to use it mainly for Spotify, but I can't find it in Channel Store.

Is it my configuration or is Spotify not available in Germany?

P.S.

Why there is a label for Boxee and not for Roku? I thought Roku has a bigger market and Boxee isn't even supported anymore.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify for Roku is only available in the US, Ireland and the UK I'm afraid. (Never understood why only those markets!)

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Spotify for Roku is only available in the US, Ireland and the UK I'm afraid. (Never understood why only those markets!)

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I bought Roku 3 for two reasons:

1) PLEX

2) Spotify

Just unboxed and installed it. Went through all the channels and could not understand why I did not find Spotify. A Google search told me that Spotify is exclusively avialable in the USA. Not in my wilded imagination would I expect that a Scandinavian company would exclude their app from the Scandinavian market. I was fully aware that I would not get US content, neither did I expect the Norwegian verisons of Netflix, HBO etc. to be available for the Roku here in Norway. But Spotify?! Come on! Where are the license issues?! 

Make Spotify available for Premium Users in Norway & Europe ASAP please.

Really at least make a convincing statement about this case. I'm already premium member of Spotfiy and it's clearly supports Turkish customers, then why on earth it's unavailable to us?!? 

I am in Australia and a premium Spotify user. It is simply inconceivable that Spotify is only available on Roku in the US. Isn't our money good enough? I will be cancelling Spotify.

Suggested posts