Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting Access Error when playing Spotify Connect on Yamaha AV receiver

Solved!

Getting Access Error when playing Spotify Connect on Yamaha AV receiver

I having problems when playing Spotify Connect on my Yamaha AV receiver (RX-A1030).

It starts playing (from iPad and iPhone) as supposed. But after about 30-60 seconds it stops playing and the message "Access Error" shows in the receivers display. Then I must pause and start play again. Then it will play for about 5 seconds. I have had this problem since the first day the new firmware was released.

I have tried every solution with no luck. I have been in contact with the Yamaha store and they advised me to get in contact with the Spotify helpdesk.

I can however play music from Spotify by using Airplay without any problem. But the real reason I bought this receiver was to achieve the Connect function.

Appreciate  all help to solve this problem.

Thanks.

102 Replies

I basically tried everything there till found this post, Im in Costa Rica and as well got same model 675 from amazon. Changed nw dns settings and inmediatly worked.!! .Thanks Spotyguy, for those under that condition this works 200%.

I can confirm that changing the DNS completely fixed the problem!

Thanks a lot!

Worked for me as well, turned off DHCP and used manual settings, static IP address, etc.  I used 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as DNS servers, works like a charm now.

GREAT !  I had access error from android phone.. and now all is good... based in New Caledonia

Thaks a lot of

Specifying DNS IP manually solved the problem for me as well. It also made the "Net Radio" functionality work so much better. Thank you for taking the time and effort to write this down and helping a bunch of other people.

I might be bumping an old thread, but this helped me and I must say:

@Spotyguy, you rock! 🙂 I can confirm that I had the same issue.. it's been tormenting me for well over half a year! 🙂

Hi, I do not know what i'm doing wrong but I still have an issue with my Yamaha. After changing DNS to manual setting it's wotking for about 30sec and again I get Access Error. Any other hints I missed?

What I did was:

- Make sure the reciever was updated to the last patch.

- Change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the recievers network settings to make sure it uses a neutral DNS service.

- Restart the router & reciever. (Because my Netgear router can sometimes bugger services like AirPlay while everything else works fine..)

Then everything worked like a charm!

I think there was a mis-match between DNS services. The client on the desktop most likely overrides or does not rely on my network settings, while the reciever-client (SpotifyConnect) does. But that's only a guess. 🙂

Anyone else using the YWA-10 adapter in between? This adapter uses DHCP against the reciever and it doesn't seem to be possible to change this. I can change settings for communication with my router but for the reciever side it seems to be fixed. Am I missing something? Would it be enough to set the DNS in the adapter?

Thanks a million, Spotyguy! Works great

Yes, this was it. DNS-server(s) were not set.

The give-away was that Airplay worked, but Spotify didn't. That makes sense if you think about it; Airplay only plays music on your own devices and therefore, your own network; Spotify Connect always connects to Spotify-servers.

Many thanks on putting me on the right track.

Yes set the dns on the Yamaha, problem solved thank you. Spotify support was helpless.

Hi all, This DNS fix seemed so much like the solution... unfortunately I still have pauses here and there or direct skip to the next song! It's true that I don't see any access error message but I still can't listen to music properly... My amp (RN500) is connected through a CPL, I'm wondering if that could be the issue but kind of complicated to troubleshoot... But I don't have any problem listening to net radio though and if CPL was bad it should affect it right? Makes me desperate, I had investigated for weeks to get for the best compromise given all my sources, I was particularly focused on spotify connect and this RN500 seemed like my only option. Only a few are still struggling after the DNS fix, why is that?... lesbul did you sort it out? Anyway it's good to see some fellows are willing to help Cheers

me sirvió, 

Muchas Gracias!

I own the same amp like you petroleo and I'm facing some problems too as I could not connect to my amp via spotify although it worked fine the whole last year. Switching dhcp off and setting the dns let me connect again but after a few songs it lost connection again and I  had to restart my router (Fritz box 7360SL). Then it worked again. I'm pretty sure that this isn't a problem of the amp alone but I think it has to do with concurring spotify clients (in my case two android phones, one android tablet and one laptop). Even when not using and touching the other clients they seem to influence the amp. 

After last router reboot it works for for a hour. I will see what happens this evening...

Hi xsaly,

Today's tests : all clients except the iphone on airplane mode so they wouldn't interfere, also the amp power cable was plugged on the CPL socket so I plugged it to a different normal wall socket so that the CPL socket would just deliver the internet data to the amp.

Well all of this led to the same regular glitches or skip to the next song.

So out of desperation, I went back to dhcp on and guess what, it's been one hour with only one very short glitch!!! It never worked so well!

What kind of f**k is this???

I'll keep monitoring and let you know.

Cheers

I have the same since a couple of weeks. I have DNS set, dhcp off. Worked fine for more than a year, since a couple of weeks it's worthless, playback pauzes all the time, then continues. Have tried with restarting router etc., to no effect. Have no idea what it could be, especially since I didn't make any changes to any of the network settings... Weird thing is also that Spotify vie phone, chromecast and LG smart tv is working just fine, so I don't think it's a problem with my router settings...

Did you try setting the dhcp back on? I haven't had any problem since yesterday!

Problem seems to have disappeared during the last night. Without any change.

Strange.

This appears to be a long standing issue with no clear solution, right?

I have a Pioneer SC-2023 receiver I used frequently with Spotify connect. Never had a problem. Two weeks ago I changed my network to static IP addresses (for several reasons). It seems it is since then, I can no longer use the receiver as a renderer for Spotify Connect. The receiver is listed as a playback device but when selected only shows "connecting" for a few seconds, then jumps back to local playback.

Other devices in my home network are working properly as renderers, so I rule out a problem with my router setup. I also checked the network settings in the receiver again and again. These appear to be complete and correct. I have no other network issues with the receiver. It plays back fine as DLNA renderer. It also plays internet radio. Airply is working as well. 

Are there any other known issues related to Spotify Connect and certain home audio devices? Do I need to have my receiver serviced?

Suggested posts