Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting Frustrated with Spotify Premium

Getting Frustrated with Spotify Premium

Hello everybody who cares (or doesn't care, lol).

I've been a Spotify Premium customer for a very long time, before which I was a free user. I think I joined back when invites were required? Anyway, I really enjoy the service but lately I'm not having such a good time with it. The more I use it the more I am getting frustrated with it, and I'm considering buying all of the music in my main playlist (Country) on Amazon and cancelling the service. I say considering because this would be a large one time expensive, but would certainly be a better solution long term. Here are my primary frustrations.

I can only offline sync with three devices.

That's simply not good enough. I have a Windows PC at my part time job, a Windows PC at home, a Windows laptop at home, a Windows laptop to meet clients, a Windows PC at my office, an Android primary phone, an old Wifi-only iPhone that lives in my truck, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I own an ISP, so it's not like I am worried about data usage, but where I live my phone doesn't get good data reception. So if Spotify unsyncs my phone I can't listen to music until I get a bit from my house.

Suggested resolution: Allow offline syncing with up to five devices (if you have to have a limit), and when I hit the limit, don't unsync some device automatically, let me pick which one gets unsynced.

The not-so-recent redesign of the program across all platforms

The new Windows version (well, it's not so new now, but when the major redesign was done) still has bugs and missing features the old one had. Sure, it "looks modern" but functionality is as important as a consistent interface.

Suggested resolution: I am not suggesting you make it ugly, but when you "update" it make sure it's not missing features prior versions had.Just because the lead developer isn't using that feature doesn't mean that nobody does.

I can't back up/export my playlists

I've spent a lot of time making my playlist(s) perfect. On the old version I could select all and copy and paste to word and I'd end up with a list of the songs. Not perfect but it worked. With the new version, I can no longer do that.

Suggested resolution: have an export into any file format, txt, html, pdf, csv, it doesn't matter.

You don't pay artists enough

Which means that not all music is available, so artists that deserve to get paid for their hard work (like Jason Aldean) pull their music from the service, so now I can't listen to it. I pay you a monthly fee ($10) to get access to any music, and I can't get it all because you are unwilling to pay a fair amount to the artists. And this isn't some obscure BS nobody has ever heard of - so I can't be the only one who this bothers.

Suggestion resolution: if artists demand more money, pay them (within reason) so there are no big holes in my music.

That's all for now. I just want these things fixed (and I know they are reasonable) so I can continue to enjoy the same great service I'm used to. Thank you for listening and I look forward to positive improvements in Spotify Premium so I can continue to pay for it and use it.

1 Reply

Like Dr. Dre's Compton album. How the hell could you not have that ???? That album is huge !!!!

Suggested posts