Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting ads in spanish

Getting ads in spanish

Plan

Free, but just got three month free trial of Premium. Issue has occured both on and off Premium

Country

US

Device

Android phone and two PC's

Operating System

Android 9.0, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I keep getting ads in Spanish. I don't speak it, I don't know it, I can't read it, and I don't know anyone who can. There is an almost nonexistant Spanish-speaking population in my area, so it can't be based on demographics/geographics. Judging by other posts in this forum, this isn't an isolated issue.

A screenshot showing the Spanish banner ad. 

2 Replies

I've already uninstalled the app from all of my devices, repeatedly. Each time, I cleared out all the Spotify folders and data, then reinstalled, and the same thing continues to happen.

Hi there @kb3uoe,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently there is no way to choose the language of the ads you get. There is this Idea in the Community, that other users have created about a similar feature. You can check it out here. Don't forget to add your +Vote to show your support. The higher number of votes an idea gets the more likely it would be to get implemented in the future.

What we can recommend at the moment is trying to create a different test account and use it for a few days to see if you still get ads in another language. If that still happens we can report this, when you send us the following info:

• Device model and OS
  • Spotify Version
  • Date and time you hear the ad
  • What was it about

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts