Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting ads on Web Player for Unlimited plan

Solved!

Getting ads on Web Player for Unlimited plan

On the Spotify website /web player, a mix of my own playlist does not work and now there are ads between the songs, I pay for the service, I do not want ads.

< moderator edit >
43 Replies

Mobilepay ad

Hey everyone!

Thanks for reporting this. 

We've passed this to the right team. Make sure, if you're on an Unlimited plan and seeing ads when using the Web Player, to click the +VOTE button.

You can also leave a comment with the following details, if you wish:

• Browser and version

Keep an eye here for any updates. Thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Still getting same ads again Ad_Uber_Eats.PNGSolo_Ad_AGAIN.PNGtoday... 😞

Hello, exact same problem here. Spotify Unlimited subscription for years. I started getting ads recently on the web player, maybe about a week ago. I don't have the ads on the Desktop version, but I do get the ads on the web player. Please get this fixed. Thank you.

Still getting ads in Web App Player so I've resorted to a workaround of installing the Spotify Desktop App in a Windows VM I use for work.  Let's see how this goes...

Version **bleep**.0.3497.95 (Official Build) (32-bit)  Issue started appearing on Sunday.

Hey everyone, 

If you haven't already, could you let us know when this issue started appearing in the web player? 

On another note, please confirm if the dekstop app is working without ads.

Thanks!

KaterinaModerator

the flood of ads has appeared a week or two ago on the web player, I still can not install the app on my computer because this is forbidden in our business. I do not understand why you can not read the topic properly, do these same things have to be repeated for you?

Same problem for me. I've been using the web player for years on an unlimited subscription (and it is still active), but recently I've started getting ads inserted into my music stream.

Just to be clear, is someone turing this back to how it was or a we waiting for enough votes?

Find this confusing as I don't see what voting has to do with this problem.

All web browsers and the Spotify desktop app on Ubuntu 18.04 has ads. 

Jan

This is very frustrating!!

First you tell me you are dropping "Unlimited" then all of a sudden it's "under investigation". Plus we must VOTE, why vote?

How can this be dragging on for so long? What is there to investigate? Just flip the switch to how it was or just say it can't be done.

Please tell us what is going on!! 
I hate paying for ads.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for all of your reports.

We're moving this thread back to our Help Boards.

We’re always testing things in order to improve. We've heard from the right teams, and can confirm that this is now expected behaviour. Please keep in mind that the Unlimited tier offered an ads-free experience on the desktop client.
We'll make sure to pass on your thoughts, and you can also submit any feedback on this in our Ideas Exchange too.

Cheers!

KaterinaModerator

Hang on, so basically what you're saying is that after TWO WEEKS of waiting you are eventually telling us that Ad-Free Listening for Unlimited subscribers via the Spotify Web Player has been SCRAPPED and this was always by design!?

If this was always the intended outcome why have we had to submit a support request and wait weeks to find out - when exactly were you planning on announcing this to the wider Spotify community of paying 'Unlimited' customers?

SHOCKING communication!

very bad customer service, but we are all paying customers. I bought Spotify because I do not want to listen to ads like the free version is. feels cheated. why have not you announced these changes to everyone? why did the investigation take so long?

There obviously was NO investigation if it was always an intended change by Spotify. All the questions about browser versions, firewalls and clearing browser caches was purely a time-wasting exercise in the hope that we would all get bored and go away it seems. 😕

Okay, wth?
So this has been a conscious decision to add ads to Unlimited user on web player!?As Unlimited suscription has been working without ads on web player, there is no technical reason to have ads with Unlimited, thus motivitation for this change is merely financial. So intention must be to get rid of Unlimited suscriptions by pushing users towards Premium plan. Without any communication or giving any reasons before applying these kind of changes, this is very poor customer
service for long-term users who have been satifiyed the feature set of Unlimited plan. Like many others, I use web player instead of PC desktop client due to business reason (policy preventing desktop client installation), thus using desktop app is not always possible.

Spotify, thanks for appreciating us long-term users!

I've supported spotify from early in its existence. I've recommended it to friends, several of whom have gone on to buy unlimted/premium plans.

And now you change my service without warning me, without informing me?

You just post something in a help thread?

1 month to fix it, or I switch to Amazon music and never look back.

Very much agree with the above.  I've had Unlimited for years and happily used the web player without incident until recently when ads started appearing.  I figured it was a bug of some sort (cookies, caching, etc.), but after some investigation and from reading this thread, it appears they've purposefully made this change - and haven't told anyone about it - which strikes me as unacceptable (and perhaps a bit fraudalent) as people are paying for a service that they are no longer receiving.

I would have thought that, both in the interest of legality and good customer service, they would have to notify people of any changes to their subscription and/or T&Cs.  To date, I've received no email or other communications from Spotify - so as far as I'm concerned, they are obligated to provide the same service that I have been receiving for the past several years.

If this is to be no longer the case - and they are keen to close down Unlimited, why not offer current subscribers a really good deal on Premium (e.g., 50% off for a year or two) so that people upgrade.

Sadly, if they don't restore the web player or offer some deal on Premium, I will have to leave Spotify and give my money to one of their competitors.

Hi Katerina,

I have the same issue with the web player, and it is infuriating. I'm usiong Chrome on a Mac Sierra iOS. 

Many thanks for assisting with this issue.

I.

I cancelled my subscprition last night.

Have been waiting to do that as I was expecting a reach out from Spotify but as of today I only read standard management language. No emails, warnings or info, just push screaming ads to us as we pay. Makes me sad.

Pity how they deal with long term subscribers!

Suggested posts