Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting ads on Web Player for Unlimited plan

Solved!

Getting ads on Web Player for Unlimited plan

On the Spotify website /web player, a mix of my own playlist does not work and now there are ads between the songs, I pay for the service, I do not want ads.

< moderator edit >
Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for all of your reports.

We're moving this thread back to our Help Boards.

We’re always testing things in order to improve. We've heard from the right teams, and can confirm that this is now expected behaviour. Please keep in mind that the Unlimited tier offered an ads-free experience on the desktop client.
We'll make sure to pass on your thoughts, and you can also submit any feedback on this in our Ideas Exchange too.

Cheers!

43 Replies

This terrible treatment of loyal customers shows Spotify's out for the corporate leeches they really are.  Artists have been moaning about the pitiful royalties they get from Spotify for years but this is the last straw for me. 

Just cancelled my subscription too and am going back to buying albums on CD and ripping them to MP3 using Cdex:

https://cdex.mu/download

Doing this is slightly more inconvenient but guarantees that all the musicians/artists are payed properly for their hard work and also means that faceless, corporate streaming 'services' like Spotify who treat artists and customers like dirt get absolutely NOTHING.  Stick it to 'the man'! 😉

Just cancelled my subscription.

I will switch to Amazon or another competitor. I might even pay them more money than it costs for spotify premium.

I will never pay spotify any money ever again.

Here's another frustrated feedback related to the topic. This is not the way to treat paying customers that have been loyal for years.

You can still change your mind and fix this obviously unintented bug in the webplayer.

Hi NicceM,

If you read back through the posts in this thread you will see that this is neither a bug nor unintended because Spotify DELIBERATELY added ads for its paying subscribers without any warning or apology.  Initially we were told it was our fault and Spotify asked us to check our network connections/reset our routers/clear our browser caches and even asked for browser versions and operating systems.  This was later revealed to be lies and merely a stalling ploy as the truth was revealed to us all after weeks of messing us PAYING customers around.

I've just signed up to Amazon which, for the same price as Netflix (£7.99) gives me access to streaming music, streaming video AND 1-day delivery on all my CD/Vinyl/other goods orders too - It was a no-brainer!

Spotify's loss is their (and my) gain.

Suggested posts