Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting local music files on my phone's Spotify playlist? (Android - no premium)

Solved!

Getting local music files on my phone's Spotify playlist? (Android - no premium)

I have a few songs on my Spotify playlist which are local files on my PC and not streamed via the internet service. Unfortunately I can't afford the premium fee at the moment so 'offline mode' is no longer an option. I understand offline mode used to download my local files for me, but now it just says unavailable when I select the tracks. 

Is there a way to listen to my local files again through Spotify on Android? I guess it's possible just to copy/paste them onto my phone, but that's quite a manual method, is there a simpler/quicker way through the app itself?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello: There are ways to do this. You can still sync your local files using the spotify app to your device. You can create your own user playlists just using local files and then just select these playlists only when you sync. The local files will show up. If you have the memory on your device you can also sync the whole Local Files as well as a choice during sync. Local Files will be shown in the list of available sync sources, when your device is connected.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello: There are ways to do this. You can still sync your local files using the spotify app to your device. You can create your own user playlists just using local files and then just select these playlists only when you sync. The local files will show up. If you have the memory on your device you can also sync the whole Local Files as well as a choice during sync. Local Files will be shown in the list of available sync sources, when your device is connected.

Thanks for the help, I've managed to sync the files now.

Suggested posts