Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting rid of bot plays and followers

Getting rid of bot plays and followers

Last week a song of ours (Whisky by Kings of Our Kin) was added to 2 playlists (Whow and Epic by user Whatzzup). We got a lot of listens quickly (around 6k over the course of the week), but have just recently realized from a little bit of research that all the plays are likely from bots. It's inflated our numbers on that one song a lot and we don't want that. It's affected our follower account as well, jumping from 72 to 121 overnight. Is there any way to remove these bot plays and follows? We really don't care about how the numbers look good on us to the outside because this completely screws up our analytics tracking. 

4 Replies

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I contacted Spotify but their emails have been unhelpful.

I cant get rid of bots and my plays are inflated.

Hey @KingsofOurKin.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're curious why you think that it's bots listening to your music. Perhaps your music got discovered by a group of users.

Let us know as many details as possible because we want to do our best to prevent this from occuring.

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Hi 🙂 Is there a way to get this fixed. Same with my account, there was a playlist with 11 followers that gave me 8,000 streams in 3 days.... What is the process to get this fixed, thanks.

I would just ask the person who you paid to promote the song to take it off their playlists ASAP (or you will report them).
If you don't know who did it, then theres notihng you can do. You can tell Spotify, but they may ban you, so I wouldn't..

Suggested posts