Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Google ChromeCast not working from Spotify

Solved!

Re: Google ChromeCast not working from Spotify

mbvlist
Regular

What version of Spotify are you using on your phone? Amd what version dpes your wife use ?

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

There's an existing thread in the Community which might be useful - just head over here.

If that doesn't solve your issue for you, make sure to get back to us and we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot your issue further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

wylieca
Regular

I seem to have found a solution for myself. Check my post for details to see if it can help solves yours:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Spotify-account-not-working-with-Chromecast/m-p/4693143/hi...

"I think that I've found a work around. I was able to sign into my account from another device and cast from that device. Once that was done, without any modification to the account on the original device, or Google Home, I was able to cast again using the original device, including the Google Home.  Note that logging out and in, completely reinstalling the application on the original device, or unlinking and relinking my spotify account the the Google Home wasn't able to fix this issue. Maybe it forced something that was bugging out on the account. This has resulted in me being able to cast again on all devices, but the account is still giving me occasional issues where it will still be finicky with casting in general. Thought I'd post in case it can help anyone else having a similar issue. "

SteveFr
Casual Listener

Hi just found this thread and viewed the other. I’m having the same issue with casting to a group of speakers I created in google home.  It worked at first then it stopped and will not connect only sporadically then stop

im on the latest iOS and version of the Spotify app

2Lip2
Casual Listener

I have the same problem. It starts connecting and then it doesn't, no error message. This is through the Spotify web app on Chrome, which until today worked fine. (Although intermittently the connection would drop and I never found a resolution to this.) I had to go through my iphone to get spotify to cast.

Hey @2Lip2 and @SteveFr 

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This is an issue which we are aware of and which we've reported to the right people.

Could you head over to this thread and follow the instructions in the status update?

Thanks!

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

fresh-ear
Roadie

The thread you have directed us to is an entirely different issue. these are my specs btw:

exact Spotify version : 1.1.2.285.ga97985ef

device + OS version: Windows 10 PC 1803 one seven one three four dot six four eight*

Chromecast firmware? 1.37.148642

*why tf is a Windows version number blocked as "not permitted in this community"??!!!

LelleB
Casual Listener
The problem is not even close?? We cant even connect when the problem
occurs.

SteveFr
Casual Listener
Hi

I still haven’t gotten any updates on this and it’s really frustrating. I pay for a family plan but can’t even listen to music the way I want because the app drops out all the time when using cast ( this is only way for me to play music on multiple speakers at once).
Can someone provide an update ?? Should I just switch to Apple Music ? Don’t want to keep paying for something that won’t work.. what’s the point

Rick_Blaine99
Regular

Same issue is happening again here, please fix ASAP 

SUGGESTED POSTS