Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Google ChromeCast not working from Spotify

Solved!

Re: Google ChromeCast not working from Spotify

kipnosky
Music Fan

I also encountered problems playing Spotify Connect to Chromecast from my saved (but not downloaded) library. Same problem to a Bluesound Node as well. Problem exists using an iPad and Android tablet. Driving me crazy and on the verge of giving up Spotify. 

Lancelink
Regular

Hi Katerina, 

I have this issue but it is only restricted to albums, downloaded or not, not casting through Google Home/Chromecast audio. Playlists connect ; albums don't. I've rebooted etc. 

Please get Spotify to fix. It's not functioning as it should. It's a recent problem. 

Lancelink
Regular

Hi, thanks for this. I've had the problem of albums only (not playlists) not casting. Did as you suggested. Removed, found again through search. And now, today at least, it casts. 

Petersheep
Regular

I just curious if anybody from Spotify will really see this post.

Or is there any official way to issue the ticket?

It seems many people has encounter this problem and Spotify doesn't care at all.

What I can do is to cancel it to resolve the issue.

Fastest way.

Solution!

Lancelink
Regular
Hi Petersheep,
If you are experiencing the discrete problem of albums or I guess playlists
not casting then first try removing them and searching for them again and
saving. I did that and an album which wouldn't cast now does. Good luck!

MartinNZ
Regular

Another user who's android spotify suddenly stopped casting last week. Yes all other apps cast fine. Routers restarted all devices restarted.

This is specifically a Spotify issue. Other apps work just fine.  Play store littered with recent complains about casting issues on android. FTI I'm on a galaxy s8 plus, august security patch, android 9. using chromecast audio devices and chromecast 2 hdmi.

Spotify please sort this out your customers are complaining. Or maybe it's time to look at Apple Music and we wouldn't want that. 

MartinNZ
Regular

It's like saying in order to be able to restart your car that wont start you must first take out all the engine and interior and then put it back together and it should work.

That is an interesting work around but not one I'm prepared to take at this point. I've about 300 albums downloaded and I'm sure as **bleep** not prepared to re-search and re-download all of them. Let alone the 100+ playlists I've got saved.

This is clearly a spotify issue as other apps cast just fine. Spotify need to sort this out for their paying userbase.

Petersheep
Regular
Thanks.
However I have more than 40 playlist/ albums saved and I really hate to
remove them and search them back…

This is really unbelievable Spotify doesn't have solution for it.
It works fine before but happen recently. They should have QA people to
check which code caused this side effects!

fiskie
Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue as the last replies. Can't cast any albums that are in my library (not downloaded) but can cast the exact same albums when I look up the albums through search. Re-adding to library does not fix the issue. I'm using the latest version of the app on Android 9.

The problem first occurred after a Spotify app update about a week or 2 weeks ago. Re-installing the app or Home app did not solve it.

buethastum
Visitor

This has worked for me as well, at least for one album I had troubles with

SUGGESTED POSTS