Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home, Telia and Spotify account?

Solved!

Google Home, Telia and Spotify account?

Plan

Premium (Telia invoice)

Country

Sweden

Device

Google Home

Operating System

Google Home

My Question or Issue

Looking for a way to connect my Google Home device to my Telia Spotify Premium Account. Logging in to Spotify, it says that my account is "free". I am a paying customer and have been so for many, many years. What steps can I take to get this issue reolved? Please advice.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Peter

It is now verified that Spotify has two accounts with the same email registered. I can choose to log in either with my email or my userID with the result that two entirely different accounts are reached. The one used with my userID is a PREMIUM account and when logging in with my email I am able to reach a FREE account. Both accounts have the same email (identical) registered. However, the problem – linking from my Google Home is now solved. I log in to the PREMIUM ACCOUNT using my userID instead of email. (I did not think it was possible to have two accounts registered with identical email adresses). Anyway, still puzzled but happy beeing able to use the voice commands on my Google home for specific songs etc.

Thank You so much for your help. Maybe this could be forwarded somehow to the Spotify team? Possible bug in the system?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Find out if you have a second account. You can use this page for help. Keep in mind that when you subscribe through a telecom provider, you might have to use instructions from the provider to upgrade your existing account with Premium. Your telecom provider can tell you more about this.

Hope it does the trick. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thank You so much. I do agree with you - it seems to be a mismatch or communication problem between Telia and Spltify. I have adked Telia for help to sort this matter out. They (Telia support) told me today that they are expecting a reply of some kind from Spotify who are supposed to change status on my account if I understood it right. Afain, thank you for your help. I will update when solved.

Telia support is still WAITING for SPOTIFY to correct the problem. The account is for some reason still not marked as premium at Spotify. 

Hey @user-removed,

Just wanted to check in with you and see if you've heard back from your provider since Monday? 

We'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi Peter

It is now verified that Spotify has two accounts with the same email registered. I can choose to log in either with my email or my userID with the result that two entirely different accounts are reached. The one used with my userID is a PREMIUM account and when logging in with my email I am able to reach a FREE account. Both accounts have the same email (identical) registered. However, the problem – linking from my Google Home is now solved. I log in to the PREMIUM ACCOUNT using my userID instead of email. (I did not think it was possible to have two accounts registered with identical email adresses). Anyway, still puzzled but happy beeing able to use the voice commands on my Google home for specific songs etc.

Thank You so much for your help. Maybe this could be forwarded somehow to the Spotify team? Possible bug in the system?

Hey @user-removed.

Great stuff! Glad that you managed to get to the bottom of this 🙂

If you would like to consolidate your two accounts, we suggest you get in touch with our Customer Support team here, who will be able to help you out with that.

Otherwise, happy listening! 

spotify:track:6JV2JOEocMgcZxYSZelKcc

Suggested posts