Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home and Spotify connect lose connection

Google Home and Spotify connect lose connection

I am having an issue when I cast Spotify to a Google Home group. At first everything is great and the Google Home app shows the song playing, as does the spotify app. However, after an unspecified period of time the app no longer shows as casting despite playing music on the Google Home group. The Google Home app shows the music as playing and I can pause and play via it's all but not via SootiSp. I then have to re-cast from the spotify app to be able to control from it again, which breaks where the music was playing. Finallu, sometimes the connection fails but eventually works when trying to reconnect.

Please helps fix this issue. Using Android 8.1 with latest release of app and firmware on Google Home up to date. This is not an issue when I use Google Play Music and seems to be rooted in the Spotify Connect integration.

1 Reply

Same problem. Closing the app entirely and restarting it reconnects without stopping the music for me, but I have to do this every time I put down my phone or put spotify in the background

Suggested posts