NEXT STEP

Google Home doesn't have Spotify on audio services

Solved!

Google Home doesn't have Spotify on audio services

Family Plan

Finland

Devices: Samsung Galaxy 9, Google Home Mini

My Question or Issue

I went to my Spotify profile and removed the rights from several applications at https://www.spotify.com/fi/account/apps/. Apparently one of them was Google Home, because after this I couldn't voice control Spotify with Google Home Mini anymore.

I've read the instructions that I should go to Google Home application -> Services -> Audio and check Spotify (my app is in Finnish, though). However, Spotify is not listed on the list, it just says "No default service" (translated from Finnish).

I have restarted my phone couple of times and tried to restart both Spotify and Google Home. How can I give Google Home rights for Spotify again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, I finally managed to solve this. Deleting the app data from Spotify or Google Home did not help.

Solution: Open Google Home app on phone. Find your google home device (Google Mini for me). Delete this device from the app. Restart the physical device (just to make sure). Restart the linking of Google home device on your phone. Choose Spotify as audio service.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

No tips, anyone? I guess I'll start then by uninstalling the apps and deleting their app data.

Marked as solution

Ok, I finally managed to solve this. Deleting the app data from Spotify or Google Home did not help.

Solution: Open Google Home app on phone. Find your google home device (Google Mini for me). Delete this device from the app. Restart the physical device (just to make sure). Restart the linking of Google home device on your phone. Choose Spotify as audio service.

Suggested posts