Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home: keeps repeating first song of playlist

Google Home: keeps repeating first song of playlist

Using Google Home playing songs from my spotify and it keeps repeating the first song on the playlist and the play queue just starts from the first song. Need help please really annoying, making me hate the first song on the playlist. Thanks

Premium Plan

Australia

Google Home Mini

7 Replies

Hi @Jaze21, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We'd recommend reinstalling both applications and give it a go once again. Here you can see how to reinstall the Spotify app: https://support.spotify.com/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/. Let us know how it goes.

Take care 🙂

Same issue, it seems to be a Google home issue not a playlist issue. I don't have this issue from other streaming devices.

I have a premium account. My command is to play my playlist. It plays the song at the top of my playlist, and randomizes after that. Tired of my morning routine being the same song every morning. Please help! I have unlinked and relinked my Spotify account but it didn't help.

The issue has been fixed now by Google. Place the command as " Play xxxx Playlist"

And whenever this command is activated, a random song from the playlist is played

I have the same issue so Google has not fixed it.

Me too!

Facing the same issue

Having the same issue, unlinking doesn’t fix it 

Suggested posts