Google Home most of the time only plays Arabian music

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Google Home Mini

My Question or Issue

This has been very frustrating for me.   Most of the time I ask my Google Home Mini to "Play Music", "Play Spotify", or "Play Music on Spotify" it ends up playing Arabian music on Spotify.  I really have no idea why.  I am not Arabian and have never listed to Arabian music, except when Google Home tries to force me to.

I do not have anything against Arabs, but I have a growing dislike of Arabian music since Spotify keeps trying to force it on me.

You can ask Google to "Never play this song again", and it will note that and go to the next song, which is always also some Arabian music.

Here are just a few of the playlists that are played when I ask Google Home to play some music on spotify:

Urban Arab Pop By Spotify

This is Patron By Spotify

Best of Arab Pop By Spotify

I typically listen to American Rock, Pop, Rap, 80's, 90's music. I do listen to some Turkish music, which is in no way related to Arab music.

How can I stop Spotify from playing Arabian music when I ask my devices to play music?

1 Reply

Hey there @TolgaBalci,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

If you still experience this, you can start by unlinking your Spotify account in the Google Home App:

1. Click on the plus “+” in the upper right corner

2. Click on ‘’Music and audio’’

3. Select ‘’No default provide’’

4. Under ‘’Spotify’’ click on ‘’Unlink

5. Remove the Google Home on the Spotify Website. www.spotify.com/account/apps

It's a also a good idea to follow the step here to log out everywhere.

Then you can follow the instructions here to give it a fresh connection.

Keep us posted on how it goes and feel free to come back to us if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts