Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home not working

Google Home not working

Good Day-

i trust you are well.

Over the last week plus Spotify Premium has stopped working on my two Google Home devices.  If I reboot the device it will work again or if I go to the Google Home App on my phone and stop casting it will work again.  

Can you tell me how this can be fixed permantly as it is very frustrating.

Best regards, Tony

14 Replies

Mine was doing the same thing, just got it to work.... open the google home app, and click the Devices symbol on the top right, scroll down to the google home, mine said "Now Casting Spotify" click "stop casting" then try to ask Google to play music again

The music on my playlist keeps stopping!

I solved it by restarting my iPhone.

I have the same problem. For the person that said they fixed it by restarting their phone they don't understand he issue

When your Spotify account is linked to your google home speaker you don't need any device on. I have Spotify premium family. The songs cut in and out... tried resetting speaker....tried unblinking and linking with username instead of email...tried making default and then not default.

hours of troubleshooting and no luck.

btw it works fine when connecting within Spotify app but that is t what I want it to do.

youtube music works great but I already have Spotify account so want to use that...but if cant get it working will cancel it 

I’m having the exact same issue.  Any fixes? 

I too have been having the same cutting out issue. I orginally thought it was google home but turns out it is spotify it only happens with.  No resolve here. Sorry. I just listen to i heart radio. 

I really enjoyed the google home Spotify connection over the last month. I've had so many connection problems that I'm tired of the google home and ready to return it unless these bug issues get fixed. 

My spotify no longer recognizes my Google home speakers. On the app no devices are available despite the account being linked. It will still play if I ask Google as it's my default but cannot find answer on how to re link so it recognizes devices on Spotify app. Tried unlinking and unistalling without success.Very annoying when browsing to listen to new stuff. Definitely not buying membership if this continues:(

Same problem, as soon as you ask anything but play music (like choose an artist, light music, etc.) it stop working for some minutes hours days?

I'm also having this problem. Until maybe two days ago my devices we're available even though they are connected via WiFi. 

was using them just days ago - what happened?

Also having same issue; until about two days ago been casting through Spotify on phone through Chomecast. Now spotify doesn't see the device even though they're all connected.  All my other apps cast with no issues.  Logged out and back in, reset Chromecast, Wi-Fi, deleted cache, then data, then app and reinstalled, etc., to no avail.  Whether it's a spotify or Google home or Chromecast update issue, please help or let us know what's going on! Been a premium customer for YEARS and this is the first issue I've had...

Weirdly enough, after I posted this yesterday -- I went to bed and woke up to find my devices were all back to how they used to be. I did a bunch of troubleshooting last night and couldn't get it to work, but it seems to have fixed itself for me at this point. 

I don't even know why or how it did this but I'm back to normal for some reason. 

I cant connect to Spotify by asking Google to play. When I try it asks me to choose device. But when trying to connect the device Spotify says that it cant open that sort of Link. If I open the Spotify app I can play music on the Google home so its kust the vouce commando that wont work...

Hi rzalexander,

Mine has basically been working again as well since my post. That evening,
I was eventually able to get it to work only by going through the voice
command "Ok Google- Play such n such on Chromecast" etc.. Since then, I
haven't had any further issues. I wonder if it was a Spotify or Google
Home issue, but, honestly, I believe both have since updated and maybe the
powers that be have worked out any bugs.

Thanks again!
Dcjentsch

Suggested posts