Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home play a playlist radio with premium

Solved!

Google Home play a playlist radio with premium

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Google Home (Mini)

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist with a few of my favorite songs, but it gets boring to listen to the same thing over and over, so I like to listen to the radio station from the playlist. Unfortunately, the only way that I can seen to get that to happen is by going onto my phone or computer to play the playlist radio on my Google Home. I've tried saying things like "Play my <playlist name> radio" and "play the playlist radio <playlist name>" yet it always like plays the playlist and not the radio.

Any idea on what to say to make it play the radio? Or is this feature not added yet?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @AL_1.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Check out all the available voice commands on the Google Home support site. As there is no dedicated command yet for starting a Radio station, there might be some commands that come close 🙂

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey,

You can use "ok google , play a radio based on Demons by Imagine Dragons from spotify" to get a playlist based on a song if that heps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @AL_1.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Check out all the available voice commands on the Google Home support site. As there is no dedicated command yet for starting a Radio station, there might be some commands that come close 🙂

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I'm using playlist radio on the windows client right now.  I don't see the option to start the playlist radio from the playlist like I used to.  But you can go to radio, create new station, select the playlist, and then follow it so it always shows up in the radio menu.

Hey @dgibb2000.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We suggest you check out this thread, where an answer has been posted which should clear up any doubts about this.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Marked as solution

Hey,

You can use "ok google , play a radio based on Demons by Imagine Dragons from spotify" to get a playlist based on a song if that heps

Suggested posts