Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Google Home play a playlist radio with premium

Solved!

Google Home play a playlist radio with premium

AL_1

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Google Home (Mini)

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist with a few of my favorite songs, but it gets boring to listen to the same thing over and over, so I like to listen to the radio station from the playlist. Unfortunately, the only way that I can seen to get that to happen is by going onto my phone or computer to play the playlist radio on my Google Home. I've tried saying things like "Play my <playlist name> radio" and "play the playlist radio <playlist name>" yet it always like plays the playlist and not the radio.

Any idea on what to say to make it play the radio? Or is this feature not added yet?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Google Home play a playlist radio with premium

Hey @AL_1.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Check out all the available voice commands on the Google Home support site. As there is no dedicated command yet for starting a Radio station, there might be some commands that come close :)

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Solution!

JayKay1
Visitor

Hey,

You can use "ok google , play a radio based on Demons by Imagine Dragons from spotify" to get a playlist based on a song if that heps

4 Replies
Solution!

Hey @AL_1.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Check out all the available voice commands on the Google Home support site. As there is no dedicated command yet for starting a Radio station, there might be some commands that come close :)

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Highlighted

dgibb2000

I'm using playlist radio on the windows client right now.  I don't see the option to start the playlist radio from the playlist like I used to.  But you can go to radio, create new station, select the playlist, and then follow it so it always shows up in the radio menu.

Hey @dgibb2000.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We suggest you check out this thread, where an answer has been posted which should clear up any doubts about this.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

PeterModerator
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
Solution!

JayKay1
Visitor

Hey,

You can use "ok google , play a radio based on Demons by Imagine Dragons from spotify" to get a playlist based on a song if that heps

SUGGESTED POSTS