Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Google Nest Hub] Cannot shuffle playlist alarm

[Google Nest Hub] Cannot shuffle playlist alarm

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(Google Nest Hub)

My Question or Issue

You can set Nest Hub to play a Spotify playlist as a wake up alarm.  However you can not request that it plays shuffled and it ignores if it set to play shuffled on other devices.  Also if you ask nest to play a playlist outside of an alarm it will not play shuffled by default.  You have to say shuffle [Playlist Name] Playlist.  However If I say "Set alarm shuffle [Playlist Name] Playlist" or many other similar combination it does not work.

Does Spotify have enough control over its assistant API to make it so playlist play shuffled by default if setup on other device in shuffle play.  Alternatively pressure google to support an utterance that makes me be able to use the service I pay you for to wake me up as expected in the morning.  If you hear the same song every morning it becomes very easy to sleep though it.  

1 Reply

Hey there @James_Heard

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Currently, there's no option for the alarm to play the music in Shuffle mode on Google Nest Hub. 

We always strive to improve our app and the experience with it. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass your feedback to the right team.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea. That way other users can also support it. Keep in mind that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

Here you can find more information about how your feedback reaches Spotify. 

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts