Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Google home keeps stopping to buffer

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: Google home keeps stopping to buffer NOT FIXED

mfraser
Regular

ckoleske's call to Google support did the trick, at least in my area!!

For the third day in a row Spotify music has played with no pauses on my Google Home.

Prior to that it was unusable, so annoying were the frequent pauses, which for me eventually became almost equal in length to the bursts of music that played in between.  This would be by the fourth song or so.

Thanks Google and Spotify.  I enjoy listening to the music even more now, remembering how bad it used to be.

Re: Google home keeps stopping to buffer

heineken1
Casual Listener

using web player, Chrome versjon 66.0.3359.181- and Chrome Cast. Music is still half dead. Have been reload the palyer and the wi fi some times and it starts to play again. But after a while its stops. Very irritating every damned day!

1 person liked this

mattinwpg

worked for me, thanks!

1 person liked this

Tripking3ovo

How do you turn off notifications?

benjamin14

Ya this isn't working for me. So annoying. So glad im paying for a premium account.....Google and spotify, kids and make up already  

3 people liked this

robertoandrade
Casual Listener
After having fixed it with the relinking of the account (apparently) a
month after it started happening again. I relinked once again but it still
continued breaking. I then decided to follow another advice here which was
to reconfigure the wifi settings on my Google Home and it seems to have
(temporarily?) fixed the issue.

Someone (Google or Spotify, not sure at this point) needs to fix this!
there are way too many spread cases all over the world for this to be a
client-side issue.

sau-r_giildj

Did this for couple of times but still not working. Do you have other advice? Thanks

SandsC
Casual Listener
On your router, choose channel 11 (if I remember right). My google cast products became stable after I did this.
1 person liked this

rich_ie

I've had a Google Home since October and everything worked fine until about 3 weeks ago when I started having the buffering problem on Spotify. I'm on a 360Mb fibre network in Ireland so it's definitely not a speed problem and everything else works fine. I tried the unlinking and rebooting but it didn't work. Eventually switched it to 2.4 and that seems to have fixed it but it's not ideal, I'd far rather use 5. I'm not impressed by how many people are affected yet Google and Spotify between them can't seem to come up with an answer.

-tgqp056_miza

Having spent over an hour on the chat with Google today - I have to say you might be on to something. 

I have been having the same problems with Spotify but only on the Google home, all other devices stream Spotify without a problem. 

Google went through all of the suggestions but nothing worked.  They even requested I change my router settings - which I did but still no success. They said they will escalate but I've already lost confidence and been out to purchase alexa this morning who works perfectly with spotify. 

I guess the Google home will be going home tomorrow! (back to the shop) - it's a shame but we love Spotify in our house. 

SUGGESTED POSTS