Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Google home keeps stopping to buffer

Solved!

Re: Google home keeps stopping to buffer NOT FIXED

realaaronbown
Regular
Thanks for sharing. Sorry that you weren't able to figure this out.
I tried an experiment recently on my Google Mini. It was starting to lag, not badly, but noticeable, while streaming Spotify.
I performed the same thing as before. I de-linked it from my phone and connected it to the 2.4ghz band of my wifi. Problem solved. Hasn't had a hiccup since.
My personal, not expert opinion, is that there is an issue with some of the routers and the Google Home language that gets exasperated with Spotify (3rd party).
Good luck with Alexa. I hear good things, but I am not a big fan of Amazon's approach to business generally.

Re: Google home keeps stopping to buffer NOT FIXED

heineken1
Casual Listener

Here we go again. Now Spotify wont play at all from google chrome. Tried on two computers. last Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit). So its no point trying Chromcast. Hmm so sad friday evening:(

Re: Google home keeps stopping to buffer

cohenfs
Roadie

@BrettD85 wrote:

Last update from me. After taking to Twitter, Spotify support advised to try a re-link of my account again using the Google Home App. This appears to have now fixed the issue. While I had done this previously, it is possible they resolved an underlying issue that the re-link will fix. 

If you haven't done this in the last few hours and are still experiencing the issue, perhaps give it a try.

Open your Google Home App > Devices > Google Home > Music > Un-link

then ...

Link to Spotify > Enter credentials > Done > Test.

Good luck everyone; I hope this is the last we see of this issue.

You're wrong. That's just chance. I've linked and unlinked 10 times but to no avail. Still buffering or even rebooting

BlueRisjard

Great. Buffering-problems solved in my HomeHub. Switch off that option. Thanks.

1 person liked this

schouffy
Casual Listener

Same here, issues comes and go but still very present.

This thread should be marked as unresolved and Google and Spotify should get on the phone to solve that.

realaaronbown
Regular

Yeah -- this kind of describes my experience. It comes and goes. I have found that Spotify on Google Home requires solid bandwidth -- and when my wifi gets spotty, this issue becomes more pronounced. As I have improved my wifi, this issue becomes less and less. 

Best of Luck! 

mz6236

I did everything and nothing worked. I unlinked and I even RESETTED my google home mini. And then all of a sudden it plays 1 song and does the same s#!t again. Very annoying >:(

realaaronbown
Regular
Hey there. Have you tried changing the network to the 2.4ghz option? This worked for me for a while. The 5ghz doesn't travel as well across the house. I have 2 mini's, 2 chromecasts, 1 home and about half a dozen other 'linked' outlets and switches. The 2.4ghz side of the home network seems to be more stable.
SUGGESTED POSTS