Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Google home keeps stopping to buffer

Solved!

Re: Google home keeps stopping to buffer

Fixitplz

Yeah same here even my crome cast has been having the same problem with Spotify keep stopping was happing about 3 days again and it stoped like once a song noe every ten seconds can this be fix it’s annoying as and I just wanna listening to music aye 

cjwebdev

Me too.

After several months of flawless casting to a multi-device Google Home setup, Spotify now continually drops out.

It might take a minute or two, but then every 30 seconds or so, Spotify drops out for 10 seconds. Like its buffering or something.

Other services (eg; Soundcloud) stream flawlessly for hours.

I've restarted all of the devices (turning them on one-by-one).

The only thing that's changed recently is I swapped my old iPhone 6 for a new Pixel 2.

Im also in Australia.

kmud
Casual Listener

Exactly the same as other posters have described. Spotify via Google Mini was working flawlessly. Suddenly ongoing skipping. Nothing has changed in my setup.

I've tried rebooting and clearing caches of apps/phone/WiFi/mini. No change. 

Spotify works flawlessly via all other devices suggesting issue is with mini. I wonder if recent mini update has caused this? 

I cannot seem to change the music quality level in the android Spotify app? 

Any other ideas? 

vanillaplant

Same issue here, located in Adelaide, Australia. My Google Home works perfectly fine with everything else but when playing Spotify (I’m on the free plan) the music suddenly cuts off (as if buffering/loading) and then plays back again a few seconds later, and this cycle happens quite often. I’ve noticed it since yesterday :( Have since submitted feedback through my Google Home, maybe it’s a bug?

I honestly thought my Google Home was faulty at first but I’m relieved that there’s others experiencing the same thing, hopefully this is resolved soon..

kmud
Casual Listener

I'll add that other music services are working fine such as sound cloud. So there is something going on between Spotify and Google Home. 

Nickyboy78
Casual Listener

I’m having the same issue in Bowral south of Sydney. 

1 person liked this

Nickyboy78
Casual Listener

According to the link someone posted earlier they are aware now of the issue affecting Australia and are working to solve it. 

25A7E3CF-75C1-4A97-A539-5FF0C95EF890.png

spotify music randomly stops

Mewho

Spotify worked faultlessly via google home til yesterday.  Now music stops restarts and stops continually.  I see this is a common issue...

Re: spotify music randomly stops

Mars_Walker
Casual Listener

Just adding my +1, in Melbourne, Australia. Has been working fine, I noticed the problem yesterday - constant droputs. 

I will head over to the Google product forums to monitor further, but glad I'm not the only one having this issue, I thought it was my setup somehow. 

gcalderhead
Casual Listener

We have the same issue.  Sydney, Australia.

This is the primary thing we use the speaker for!

SUGGESTED POSTS