Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Google home keeps stopping to buffer

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: Google home keeps stopping to buffer

Zero31
Casual Listener

Yep, same issue here. I though just letting it play for a while would fix it but no, keeps buffering.

Chandlerbing69
Casual Listener

In Australia too, same stopping every 10-15 seconds to buffer then starts. Very annoying, I guess it is a Spotify problems as radio via tunein works perfectly over the same network and same device.

aussieskier

Same issue here, Melbourne/iiNet - Chromecast Audio

No problem at my other premises with Telstra Cable.

Bargearse

Same issue here. I'm with Internode ISP so not isolated to Telstra and iiNet. Tried lots of things including buying a new router as I updated the firmware on the old one prior to this issue. Since finding out others have been having the same problem around the same time I will stop pointing to me as the fault (slowly bending finger towards Google/Spotify)

1 person liked this

BrettD85
Casual Listener

*Update for everyone.

I have cross-checked with Google Support and they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

They also reccomended that any of us experiencing the issue should do the following to help raise awareness and priority.

"Please do file a feedback on your Google Home device by saying "Hey Google, submit feedback." then say that you're experiencing this issue and it will directly submitted to our team."

Referencehttp://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=https%3A%2F%2Fproductforums.google.com%2Fforum%2F%23!topic%2Fgoogle...

Krangsquared
Casual Listener

I've been doing something similar. Whener the streaming problem happens, I go "Hey Google, What's wrong with you?" Or "Hey Google, What's your problem?"

It then asks for details about the problem and I say "Streaming keeps stopping" or "Streaming is always pausing and stopping."

The more people who send back feedback to their system directly, the better.

Solution! 9 people liked this

BrettD85
Casual Listener

Last update from me. After taking to Twitter, Spotify support advised to try a re-link of my account again using the Google Home App. This appears to have now fixed the issue. While I had done this previously, it is possible they resolved an underlying issue that the re-link will fix. 

If you haven't done this in the last few hours and are still experiencing the issue, perhaps give it a try.

Open your Google Home App > Devices > Google Home > Music > Un-link

then ...

Link to Spotify > Enter credentials > Done > Test.

Good luck everyone; I hope this is the last we see of this issue.

Solution!

SurfcoastGuy

Just did this via music tab on main menu, seems to have worked, hadn’t buffered for 2 songs and it was doing it every 20-30 seconds Will see how it goes. Thanks heaps for the post! 

1 person liked this

windam
Casual Listener

Mine is still buffering even after linking it off and on again especially in the afternoon & evenings but when I play it during morning it's fine. (I'm in SEA region btw)

Solution! 1 person liked this

gcalderhead
Casual Listener

Resolved by unlinking and relinking Spotify within the Google home app's music section.

Annoying.

SUGGESTED POSTS