Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Google home keeps stopping to buffer

Solved!

Re: Google home keeps stopping to buffer

Ouroboros777
Casual Listener

Happening to me as well. Annoying.

1 person liked this

Beshimaru
Casual Listener

same here. buffering. it seems it works fine after the initial setup.

Bigc76140

Yeah this is still not working ..ridiculous if you ask me...thinking of switching to tidal or Google music

Beshimaru
Casual Listener

hmmn.. it seems giving a feedback helps. my GHome Mini now is all okay. 

markmccourt-ca

not working  same problem, no issues with my r3 wifi speaker so looks like google problem

DewKernal

Yeah, I tried this and it did nothing. I thought it might be because I was using my PC on web player to skip songs, but after ending Spotify in task manager, it still skipped on the home. 

mauriciovt

After trying everything that was suggested on this board, my google home was still cutting out the music.

I realized that this issue was due to wireless connectivity merely. I played with my wireless connectivity and I think I found the solution for this common issue.

What I did was very simple. I switched from 5g wireless to the regular one (2g) on the google home app, and now the music from spotify is playing with no issues.

Try it, it worked for me !

1 person liked this

ravedigby

This is still happening and is extremely annoying. I'm a premium spotify member and having it buffer for my google mini is ridiculous.

realaaronbown
Regular

Brother, I tried everything and was about to give up on Google Home and Mini altogether...but I realized the issue ONLY happened when I was streaming from my Android (BlackBerry KeyOne). It started happening after a recent update. It was TOTALLY the notifications issue. Thanks so much for suggesting this. It made total sense as soon as I read it. Even before making the adjustment, I knew it was going to fix the issue because the notification tab has been intermittent. 

Thanks so much!!

realaaronbown
Regular

Don't know if you're still having this issue, but I believe it's a notifications issue. I blocked notifications from Spotify and Google Home. Worked like a charm. Inconvenient, but works. Am sure future updates will resolve. Could also be an issue with how certain wi-fi networks handle the constant communications back and forth. 

SUGGESTED POSTS