Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Grey play button

Grey play button

The web player doesn't work. The play button keeps staying grey and I'm uncapable of playing music. I already tryed everything (clearing the cache, stopping music on other devices, tryng the connect function) but nothing seems to work. I asked for an account reset but they bounced me here. What can I do?

12 Replies

Hey @Dafolz

I see that you already did some troubleshooting yourself, thats great! One thing you might want to try is logging out on all other devices. You can do that via the "Log out everywhere" button located on this page. Did that help?

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Did it already. Thanks anyway for the message!

Glad you got it working again. 😉

MauriceMVRock Star 7

I'm sorry maybe I misled you but it didn't worked. I only stated I used it already before with no use. I thanked you for the caring 🙂

Oh Im sorry, haha. Which browser are you using? And have you tried switching browsers?

MauriceMVRock Star 7

I'm using firefox at the moment but I tried also chrome with no different response. I think is a more serious problem, that's why I asked for a reset.

I've escalated your message to see if the team can do anything and will report back when I get an answer.

MauriceMVRock Star 7

Don't know anything about escalations but sounds like a good thing XD
Much appreciated.

Oh, I forgot to ask, is this happening at home or at work? There might be an issue with your firewall or antivirus. If its happening at work there might also be some network restrictions in place which cause this to happen.

MauriceMVRock Star 7

I use it from a private environment.

Ehm...I dunno how to explain it but...I just connected to Spotify web and the play button was white and capable of actually playing music. Thanks for everything anyway.

Thanks for letting me know, I'm glad to hear that you're able to use the Web Player again. If the issue returns, don't hesitate to send me a message.

MauriceMVRock Star 7

Suggested posts