Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Greyed out songs!

Greyed out songs!

My Question or Issue:

Hello, I noticed something odd and would like to know the reason for it, it may have been asked before.

Basically I have been streaming Japanese music from my phone with no problems. However if I play the exact same playlist that I have been listening to on my phone on my TV instead, I get tracks that would normally play on my phone that are greyed out on my TV app. Not all of them are like this, just a few.

A simliar question was asked on here regarding greyed out songs, but they mentioned all devices and was told it could be a licencing issue. Well I am not sure it applies here does it? Because it works fine on a UK contracted phone but not a UK bought TV? Unless phones have different exclusivity rights or something?

Any clarity on this would be appreciated, thank you.

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Xbox One X, iPhone SE and LG Smart TV

1 Reply

Hey @Sahelanthropu5.

Just to confirm, these grayed out songs aren't grayed and play fine on a device different than your TV?

If that's the case, I suggest making sure the devices aren't connected to a different Internet connection. Things like a proxy or VPN could interfere with the content available on each network.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts