Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Greyed out unplayable tracks

Solved!

Greyed out unplayable tracks

I added some songs in my playlist. I can play these tracks in my PC from Spotify app. app.JPG

But, when I open web player at my workplace, those songs are like this: web player.JPG

There are many songs (about half of all added songs) with grey color and I can't play any of them. I also searched for those songs that I picked up as examples and both of them are in Spotify.

search.JPGsearch result.JPG

I have no idea why does this happen, but I miss half of my fav songs in the playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @BeatsPalma,

Check the files it didn't import correctly and compare the song info (artist, song name, album name, track time) from Spotify to the local file you have.

If necessary, make all of those match with Spotify's info using an MP3 editor. TagScanner is the one I use for the task.

For the example you posted, your file has '1 RDJ' as artist, and in Spotify is tagged as '1RDJ'. Also, you should fill the album tag so it matches too.

Rescan in Spotify and they should be playable.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @BeatsPalma,

Check the files it didn't import correctly and compare the song info (artist, song name, album name, track time) from Spotify to the local file you have.

If necessary, make all of those match with Spotify's info using an MP3 editor. TagScanner is the one I use for the task.

For the example you posted, your file has '1 RDJ' as artist, and in Spotify is tagged as '1RDJ'. Also, you should fill the album tag so it matches too.

Rescan in Spotify and they should be playable.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, it works, but there are many track and it requires a long time to do it manually.

Suggested posts