Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP! Can't share songs and playlists with friends?

Solved!

HELP! Can't share songs and playlists with friends?

Hi to all

I want to share specfic songs with friends (non-Facebook) who also have accounts on Spotify.

Here's my problem: I can see the friend I wish to share music with by typing "spotify:user:USERNAME (aka my friend)" into the search bar.

However, when I right click a particular song listed under the 'SONGS' tab from 'Your Music' and choose the 'Share/Send To' option, when I enter the friend's username under 'Enter a friend's name' I get the message "Sorry, no results could be found.'

How do I solve this? Do I need to 'follow' a friend first before I can share in this way? Is there some other version of a Spotify username that I need to enter? If not, what exactly do I need to do to able to share music wih friends?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me solve this extremely frustrating conundrum..!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi! They should be at least your FB friend or theyy should be following you in Spotify. Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi! They should be at least your FB friend or theyy should be following you in Spotify. Hope this helps 🙂

Hi! They should be at least your FB friend or theyy should be following you in Spotify.

Thanks for the reply. So to clarify, if they're not a FB friend, then - in order for me to share music with a friend - they need to follow me or is it enough for me to follow them?

Thanks

They need to follow you 🙂

Hello

I feel it is really not user friendly to perform such basic task.

I whish in the future you make it much more easy to do
Thx

@philgo

That current solution is asking the user to also follow you. If you think that you should be capable of sending messages to users who you follow and doesn't follow you, you should submit an idea here -> https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/idb-p/ideas_submissions . I am not working on Spotify so the only way to send your feedback is through the Idea Submission. Hope this helps 🙂

well thats not true....

im having this same issue and i am follwing my friend and hes following me back but still i get the same message and it wont let me share... (we are just friends on spotify we are not using facebook, and we dont want to use facebook)

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 3.34.29 AM.png

I have the exact same issue. I also tried turning on Facebook to fix this issue and it says I am already connected. But then it won't share any Facebook friends either.

I can't share songs with anyone in Spotify. Help?

THIS IS WHATS HAPPENING TO ME ALSO.

Did you find a solution?

No! Unfortunately not. I was able to link Facebook finally, so I will just
share that way :(.

Same problem. Help

Works on desktop version for sharing. That's the best solution I've found so far. Still doesn't work on app. Thinking its a bug that needs fixing.

Yes I have some problem like you guys.

3 months ago, I still sent to all my followers or to specific person that followed me.

But, now it does not work anymore.

Please help.

I've found I can only share from the Desktop app. The mobile app doesn't
let me share the same way. So, now I just share from the Desktop app.

That's the only solution I have found! 😞

SPOTIFY REMOVED THIS FEATURE....

let them know how you feel about it....  

Let's hope they will "bring back the old sharing system". 

why can i not share/post a song to my fb feed anymore? it used to be so easy. now the option does'nt seem to exist anymore.

Suggested posts