Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP! No way of playing open.spotify.com playlists

HELP! No way of playing open.spotify.com playlists

Hi there,

My company has been utilizing Spotify playlists to share our artists/catalog with all of our followers. I did not realize there was an issue until I attempted to click on one of the public playlist links  we posted on social media to play it from my computer. Here is what happens (NOTE: I tried Chrome and IE):
1) I click on this link https://open.spotify.com/user/sonyatvpubusa/playlist/2eVhvwHH2Sf1u2P5V2byLT
2) I attempt to click on/play songs from the list but that option doesn't exist.
3) Scroll to the bottom and select "View All on Spotify."
4) It takes me to a page where it automatically begins downloading Spotify, which I already have on my desktop and the Spotify web player Chrome extension. Obviously I do not need to download it again.

I have tried troubleshooting and sifting through countless threads but I cannot seem to find the solution. I cleared my cache, signed in and back out, etc.

I was able to access the playlist from my iPhone, which took me directly from the open.spotify.com link to the playlist in my Spotify app, where I was able to subscribe and listen.

I have always used Chrome to listen to playlists on the web player and the transition between that and my desktop app has never been an issue.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this because we really rely on these playlists for marketing/publicity.

Thank you so much!

2 Replies

Hello!

You said you cleared the cache, but have you tried clearing the cookies as well? That's where most problems usually lie. If you delete them, new ones will be created and it may solve your problem.

I'm pleased to say that the issue was resolved; how, I'm not entirely sure. After clearing the cache and all the cookies, removing both Spotify and Chrome and reinstalling them, the issues were still present. Then one day it randomly started working. Thanks for the advice!

Suggested posts