Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HOW TO DISABLE SPOTIFY WEB PLAYER

HOW TO DISABLE SPOTIFY WEB PLAYER

Hi there,

I have spotify for around 1 year now, maybe a bit more. About 6 months ago the following problem started: everytime I play music, be it my own playlists or from someone else, sooner or later it just stops playing! when I check it out, it says it's playing on Spotify Web Player, and it's always playing the song Bailando by Enrique Iglesias! Sometimes a fake Despacito version, some kind of cover!! I have nothing to do with these songs or artists, not my style at all, they are not in my saved music or to be found anywhere else on my account, besides this mystery Spotify Web Player! I have not found a way to disable this Spotify Web Player. I found a topic somewhere about it, but it doesn't work. I did manage to find out who the 'owner' of the mystery playlist is:

https://open.spotify.com/user/erindavis23

This definitely feels like there is some kind of hacking going on.. I think this only happens on the desktop apps and not on the mobile versions. I am a Premium user and this thing is driving me mad! Sometimes it plays normally for hours and then just stops from one moment to the other, breaking the playlist flow; other times it happens just 2 minutes after I start playing.... Any advice, pleeeeeaaaaasssseeeee???

1 Reply

Hey @burgerbread

In order to get rid of this unauthorized user using your account:

1. Go to your account page, click on 'Sign Out Everywhere'

2. Change your password.

3. Go to "Apps" section on your Spotify account and revoke access for any apps you don't recognise or use.

note: Lithium Community app belongs to this board, is safe and will reappear anyway.

If you're using the same or similar password elsewhere too, change it there as well (mailbox etc). If you're using Facebook login, I recommend Facebook's 2-step authentication to minimize the risk of someone gaining access to it.

The web player is a browser-based Spotify client, lightweight and basic player. I use it a lot because it's easier on my system than the desktop program. You can take a look at it here.
It's not possible to disable it.

Let me know if this issue returns and we'll take further steps. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts