Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hardare - HK Omni 10 failed to connect to Spotify over wifi

Hardare - HK Omni 10 failed to connect to Spotify over wifi

Seen this issue unsolved so I wrote this to HK, I will keep this post updated as I receive an answer. Honestly, it will surprise me if we receive a positive answer.

The issue has no solution and this is terrible, the company offered the functionality and should provide an update, it is not a difficult task, they just don't want to do it.

So my thinking is the following: What if we gather a 100 users and we push all together.... I mean, we don't have anything to lose.... let me know your thoughts.

Hi,

I own an Omni 10 and I want to connect it to Spotify using Spotify Connect over wifi, which should work according to the instructions provided with the product.

Before writing this email I did my homework and researched around the web for this issue and looks like there is a lot of people asking the same question.

As I see, you're not fulfilling what it is clearly promised on the product manual/specifications, this is disappointing from a brand such as HK and easily material for a legal claim.

Making the software update that supports the offered functionality is not a big challenge, it is just matter of prioritizing it. In my experience it should cost no more than 2 FTE (full time employees) working for a month, let’s say USD$10K. Comparing this vs legal costs it’s nothing.

So, my question here is: When we all are going to get the update?

Best regards.

User Manual.PNG
1 Reply

Hey @alexdelagarza1,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Even though Spotify Connect works with a lot of devices, not every speaker or smart device is supported. You can check this list (also search option) if your device is compatible with Spotify Connect over WiFi.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts