Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Have song on Spotify - but song has skips. How to re-deliver song to Spotify?

Solved!

Have song on Spotify - but song has skips. How to re-deliver song to Spotify?

Hi, I'm a musician, and I have an album (or a couple) on Spotify.

Recently another musician listed one song of mine in his "influences" playlist on Spotify.

I went to listen to the playlist, only to find that my song actually skips. Like a CD would skip. There's cuts, clicks and drop-outs there for 2 minutes of the song.

Since I'm not the person who uploaded the music to Spotify, but I went through a friend who got me to an aggregator service, the same wavefile is on iTunes (doesn't skip, I know cos I bought the record), and the very same file is on Spotify - this is one upload to an aggregator service, and they deliver them to various places like iTunes and Spotify.

I asked my mate to look into it, but he never got any kind of response from the aggregator service, or Spotify, so here I am, asking.

The song is "Close Enough" by Lackluster (a.k.a. me).

How do I deliver a non-skipping version to Spotify directly?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @esaruoho, welcome to the community!

I can confirm there is skipping in your track Lackluster – Close Enough. The first thing I would do is contact your current aggregator to reupload your music. At the moment, you can't directly upload music toSpotify, you have to go through an aggregator.

Spotify reccommends you use these following aggregators :  

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @esaruoho, welcome to the community!

I can confirm there is skipping in your track Lackluster – Close Enough. The first thing I would do is contact your current aggregator to reupload your music. At the moment, you can't directly upload music toSpotify, you have to go through an aggregator.

Spotify reccommends you use these following aggregators :  

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Suggested posts