Help! Web Player Not Working

Highlighted

Help! Web Player Not Working

Regular

Due to where I work I cannot download the desktop app. At work I have access to three web browsers; Chrome, IE and Firefox. Web player only works in Firefox. However, now web player won't work due to a 'your connection is not private' error. I have spent the last three hours searching the web trying to fix the Firefox error and searching through Spotify community forums for a fix; issue still remains. I have cleared my cookies, used a different address for the web player and nothing works.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I am going through Spotify music withdrawal.

10 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Help! Web Player Not Working

Community Legend

Hello @staciebrockway,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

Any chance you are working behind a corporate firewall?

If yes, can you try this link and let me know if it works for you:

https://play.spotify.com/?http=1

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Website |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Highlighted

Regular
I do work behind a corporate firewall. Unfortunately the link you provided
gives me the same issue; web player will work for a few minutes and then
its as if the connection is lost and the music stops playing.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm having a similar issue - I have to use the web player because of a corporate firewall, and the site was working fine until last week. Now it will perhaps play 1 track (if I'm lucky) and will then start skipping through all the tracks. I will eventually get the following warning: "Can't connect to Spotify. Trying again now".

I've deleted cookies and all browsing history, tried different browsers, rebooted, used the http?=1 url but nothing has worked. This is very frustrating especially since I have a Premium membership I'd like to put to good use.

Highlighted

Regular

Yes, very same issue for me. My web player started to not work fairly recently as well and I too have Premium. In fact, as I type this my connection has been lost...I am being forced to listen to my colleagues instead of music. The horror!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

It sucks because the desktop app also won't connect due to the firewall, which is why I started using the web player in the first place. Very frustrating!

Highlighted

Community Legend

Hello @heydollface and @staciebrockway,

Can you check the javascript output in the console? 

If you are using chrome you can find the developer console by pressing  Ctrl+Shift+I.

When the issue occurs check for errors ( text in red ) and if there are any send screenshot to me so I can take a look 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Website |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Highlighted

Regular

Hi Dreadlord,

I attached a screenshot. I'm using Firefox for the player. Its the only browser works for me. The player doesn't even load in IE and in Chrome it says I need to install flash even though its already installed.

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi @Dreadlord,

It worked fine for 2 days after my message, and has stopped working again today. There are a lot of errors in red - let me know if you want me to cut and paste any of it. Here is a screenshot:

screenshot.png

Highlighted

Regular
@dreadlord any ideas? Still not working for me in Firefox, I.E. or Chrome.
SUGGESTED POSTS