Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help please! Need to play 2 Spotify playlists at a wedding in off-grid venue

Solved!

Help please! Need to play 2 Spotify playlists at a wedding in off-grid venue

My Question or Issue

Me and my partner are getting married this year in an off-grid campsite venue. There is solar power to charge phones and to power a speaker/silent disco system (BOSE plug and play) in the venue dancing area. There is no wifi. I have Spotify premium and have created two playlists for the Silent Disco. 

I need to play each playlist for the silent disco through separate devices. I can potentially download one playlist to my phone (although I imagine this will take up a lot, if not all, the space on my phone). I will have a Power bank to charge my phone too, but I'm conscious that having a phone playing music all night, and potentially for taking photos, is going to need a lot of power! The playlist needs to play for 4 hours max. 

Ideally, we would have music coming out of an mp3 player, and I have read that iPod 6th Gen touches are compatible. Neither of us own an mp3 player. We could buy an iPod touch, and it would be used in future, but obviously we are managing to play music without mp3 players. Can you download a playlist to an iPod 6th gen touch, or does it have to be connected to wifi? 

I have also read about DRM-removal, but we don't want any ads playing so that it is just goes song to song. We're also not sure if this is legal?

What would you advise?

Thanks in advance

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Huawei P9

Operating System

(Android 7.0)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @idiotequepuzzle 

Spotify playlists cannot be downloaded to a device that does not support Spotify - if you can't install Spotify on it, then you can't use it for downloading playlists.

I am honestly not sure if iPod Touches are fully supported anymore, but if the device is capable of connecting to Wifi, it could be possible to download Spotify on it.

Spotify playlists cannot be saved outside of the client.

If you have any random smartphones lying around, you could use any of them for Spotify. I figure you will need the space on your smartphone for taking pictures.

I hope this helps in any way 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

1. Surely that's in a business establishment. This isn't to the general public, this would be at a private party for 50 people. If that's not allowed, then I've been using Spotify in an unauthorised way for years! Plus, the whole point of getting Premium was to avoid ads playing at parties and impacting the atmosphere!
Marked as solution

Hey @idiotequepuzzle 

Spotify playlists cannot be downloaded to a device that does not support Spotify - if you can't install Spotify on it, then you can't use it for downloading playlists.

I am honestly not sure if iPod Touches are fully supported anymore, but if the device is capable of connecting to Wifi, it could be possible to download Spotify on it.

Spotify playlists cannot be saved outside of the client.

If you have any random smartphones lying around, you could use any of them for Spotify. I figure you will need the space on your smartphone for taking pictures.

I hope this helps in any way 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

An old smartphone is an excellent idea! I knew it was a good idea coming on here to ask! Seems so obvious now, but just hadn't thought about it. Thanks so much. 😄

Hi idiotequepuzzle,
I saw your request for upcoming wedding. Anyway, I can help on this matter with suggestion of two songs that I feel it will be suitable for your upcoming wedding. If any of two suggested songs are good enough for your upcoming wedding, you are welcome to use it as long as you need.
https://open.spotify.com/track/7afcZ11tqPK3gZcjG80miD

https://open.spotify.com/track/0sP6FZ0EBl4yWYma1FDoTa

After listening the songs, (you are welcome to play both songs to your partner) and if you like any of those two suggested songs, please let me know about it. By the way, I hope by the time your wedding it is due, all this current troubles with Corona Virus epidemic it will be over and your wedding will go ahead as planned. Cheers, stay safe and all the best.

Suggested posts