Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help (sound quality)

Help (sound quality)

Hi so I was using free for a short while and have now upgraded to paid I have around 50 songs and just downloaded them in what I thought was extreme quality  but now I am not sure. I do not hear a difference at all between extreme quality and normal. Also I am using an amp and $120 IEM so I know my music. Does something have to be done to get the quality to go up???

3 Replies

To ensure you are playing high quality and not something that was previously cached when you where on free I would try re-installing the app then upping the quality before playing anything to see if that makes any difference?

Also can't help but notice you are using BB10, which application are you using?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Haha just pressed the first label that came up did not even know what it was anyways im using nexus 7 (2013). I also use spotify on my phone should I uninstall the app there too?. If the songs i downloaded are in normal quality deleting and reinstailing the app would not change the quality I would imagine.

Just re-install on the device that is giving you issues for the time being.

The issue is, if you listen on Spotify free, the app temporarily stores those tracks to save on bandwidth if you want to listen to them again. Sometimes if you then go Premium, it doesn't download the tracks again in the higher quality for some reason.

Just make sure you have extreme quality selected in the settings page too!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts