Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help us improve Chromecast

Help us improve Chromecast

Hi all,

I’m the Product Manager for the Big Screen Experience here at Spotify.

As you may have noticed, we have made a change recently in how the Chromecast app looks and performs.

Our main goal with this change was to rebuild the underlying infrastructure and logic to make it more performant and permit us to develop faster on the platform.

This also required us to overhaul the whole user interface. As you can see, it doesn’t look much today and our intent is to quickly learn and improve the experience.

We've already received a lot of feedback from you - the community. We would like to understand the feedback better which is why we’re opening up this thread to discuss with you directly on what could be improved and understand the why’s.

One of the things that we came across was that many people were missing previous and next song which was shown in the old design but isn’t anymore. Please let us know more how this was used and why it’s important for you.

Thanks.

88 Replies

CHROMECAST CHROMECAST CHROMECAST! please improve the streaming to Chromecast from the Spotify App on Android! 

Mainly:

- connection to chromecast drops and sometimes it's next to impossible to re-connect to chromecast

- where's gapless, and all other playback options when using chromecast??? 

For such a widely used popular app like Spotify, it is a SHAME that those issues still exist on chromecast. 

Hi there!

I am concerned about the possible image persistence effect that might suffer the TV screen when casting for long periods of time. I myself sometimes spend hours casting playlists without realising so.

Some apps dynamically change the position of everything showed on screen, like album art, track & album name, progress bar, titles, controls, etc. preventing the screen to get the effects of displaying static content for several hours. With Spotify otherwise everything seems to be in the same place all the time.

Cheers!

Dan.

I just started to have the problem with Android not seeing my chromecast devices.  I tried a bunch of things that did not work, and then I came here online and I see so many other people have the same issue.  Worked with online support and they gave me basic steps and did not listen to what I tried.  The facts clearly show it to be the Spotify app.  After discussing for 30 minutes they said this is a known problem and they are working on it.  Why waste my time?  Why not make us aware of this issue so your time is not wasted too?  Seems like there is no ETR for this problem.  Very disappointed and thinking about cancelling my family plan.

Chromecast support is working great for me. Pixel and first generation chromecast.

I have noticed behind the lyrics when an iOS device is casting but I don't get behind the lyrics when casting from Android. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me? 

I am now getting behind the lyrics on Chromecast on Android.

I feel like there needs to be a anti-screen burn feature. Some sort of feature that dims the screen after few minutes of playing a track. Or have the backgound animate or the coverart move around the screen. Chromecast does this whenever you stream MP3 files to it anyway to help prevent burn in. But some sort of screen saving feature needs to be implemented.

Still not working for me.

An OLED mode would be nice to prevent everything from being so static.

Since getting an OLED TV I've had the TV off when listening via the Chromecast. Most of the content I watch moves around and is changing a lot. Only downside to OLED is I can't use it as an information monitor with static content.

MicroLED TVs can't come soon enough... 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

"connection to chromecast drops and sometimes it's next to impossible to re-connect to chromecast"

Exactly! Lately I reinstalled the app and things got even worse.

Android app and Chromecast Ultra get out off sync more often than ever before.

Even with battery saving disabled.

Suggested posts