Announcements

Help us improve Chromecast

Highlighted

Re: Help us improve Chromecast

Regular
In my personal experience, the app is much slower and it automatically pauses my music while my cellphone (the casting device I normally use) isn't in the app or it's blocked. It really frustrated me and I had to close the Spotify cast functionality and use my screen casting device service to hear the music, but it is no what I'm expecting from Spotify' services. Sorry for the bad grammar in my reply but it's not my native language. Thanks again for the quick response.
Highlighted

This new UI is totally downgraded version of the previous UI. My TV screen was fuller before now it "seems" that something is missing. Something really good is missing.

Another thing that bothers my Spotify Chomecast combo is the fact that Spotify app on my Android looses contact with the my first gen Chromecast. This is really annoying because I cannot skip the song.

Please fix these issues.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hello from Spain! And sorry for my bad english (XD)

I always have connected Spotify in Chromecast from my android.

But since one month, more of less, my Spotify App can't find my Chromecast!! And I don't know another way to make it work!

Please, help!!! i can see Youtube or Netflix in my Chromecast, baut no listen Spotify :'(

I attached an image (sorry, in spanish). Before, there appears the Chromecast, but today, only instruction to connect several devices that doesn't work to my Chromecast.

photo_2017-08-01_17-55-07.jpg
Highlighted

Regular
Hello, i'm from Argentina and I'm having the same problem as you, I can
watch Netflix and YouTube I can even hear music from SoundCloud but
spotify's chromecast app bugs itself every time I try to use it.
Highlighted

Regular
Hello, i'm from Argentina and I'm having the same problem as you, I can
watch Netflix and YouTube I can even hear music from SoundCloud but
spotify's chromecast app bugs itself every time I try to use it.
Highlighted

Spotify Legend
If you force stop Spotify (not just close it normally), can you then discover your Chromecast again?

/ developer at Spotify
Highlighted

Regular
Yep, I do it all the time and nothing
Highlighted

Regular
Yep, I do it all the time and nothing
Highlighted

Casual Listener

tHE ABILITY TO SEE THE PREVIOUS AND NEXT IN THE ON-SCREEN WAS IMPORTANT TO ME FOR FLOW PURPOSES.   i WAS VERY DISSAPPOINTED TO SEE SUCH A PLAIN JANE "FIX"?  wHICH LOOKS LIKE A DEGRADE IN DESIGN.   tHUMBS DOWN.   Plain and simple, this "upgrade" SUCKS.   Bring back the old UI if you don't do anything else to it.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Oh! It works!

i have been a month without use Spoty on Chromecast.... but since yesterday, it works!

Today still works!

Some new update, maybe?

Ok, thanks for all 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS