Announcements

Help us improve Chromecast

Highlighted

Re: Help us improve Chromecast

Casual Listener

Although I am probably adding nothing original at this point, I would like to add to those saying that biggest issues are the slow start time for tracks (very frustrating) and readability of text (I wrote some feedback on a separate topic a while ago: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Windows-Phone-etc/Chromecast-New-on-TV-display-is-un...

One other thing - why display the next/previous UI buttons at all? I understand showing the stateful ones. These, however, seem to be vestigial. 

Highlighted

After the "update", its looks like more a downgrade, i have noticed so many problems:

Its stops and disconnect. So much delay when changing songs, its happening all the time.

I can't use it, its awful

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have to ask something. Your two stated goals with this update were to improve performance and enable faster development. Well, your update ruined performance (starting a track and seeking within a track takes up to ten seconds, reported by many within this thread) and you haven't been able to develop a fix in over a month. It seems that you haven't met your stated goals. And you've failed in both these things while also removing previous functionality. 

Do we get an apology? Or an update? Or at the very least, a reversion to the old, mostly working Chromecast app? 

Highlighted

Regular
I feel disappointed, I feel what you saying.
Highlighted

It no longer connects to chromecast and cannot play music on "the big screen" the updated app on the phone doestn work (MOTO android) or on the laptop (macbook air)

Highlighted

What is your "political" problem with Chromecast ? Honestly, please. 

Highlighted

Music Fan
Hi there, Pompa. Thanks for taking the time to listen to user feedback. While I do care about the UI issues with the new interface, the most important thing for me is the listening experience. Please work on a fix for the tremendous gaps between tracks. Gapless playback would be ideal. I listen to a lot of live albums, and the long gaps are quite jarring.
Highlighted

When is the UI coming back? 

Also the stability of casting seems to be downgraded since a few weeks... I have to completely close the spotify app before I can cast to my Chromecast again...

I understand it's probably a 'better technical implementation', but the users are not happy with these recent changes (downgrades).

Anyhow I'm still addicted to Spotify. 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This is awful. Spotify doesn't update the current song correctly on my device, it takes longer to load, and the player is incredibly ugly. If I try to look at the current playing song on my Android, the TV will start flickering  between the song playing on the TV and the default spotify screen and sometimes playback will stop working. It's terrible.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Same experience here... the new UI is a downgrade and Spotify often does not see my chromecast. I have to restart the app multiple times to get lucky... Please fix this soon as I'm already exploring competitive solutions, which seem to work way better than the new version of Spotify. Bring back the previous version!
SUGGESTED POSTS