Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hey Hey What can I do - Led Zeppelin

Solved!

Hey Hey What can I do - Led Zeppelin

Where is it??  This is a travesty!  Best song ever, is not on Spotify.  I have to go to youtbe!  Please fix this massive oversite. 🙂

Hey Hey What Can I do ~ Zepp

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Also to add to @Jarefri post on Zeppelin Triva, this track was also released on the 1993 CD version of CO]DA which included 4 new tracks, releases pulled from Zeppelin Box sets that were coming out at the time. The original Vivnly release of CO]DA had just 8 tracks, but the CD version added these 4 new songs which are: From wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coda_%28album%29

9. "Baby Come On Home" (recorded 1968, appeared on Boxed Set 2, 1993) Bert Berns, Page, Plant 4:30
10. "Travelling Riverside Blues" (recorded live on 24 June 1969 in London, The United Kingdom, appeared on Led Zeppelin Boxed Set, 1990) Robert Johnson, Page, Plant 5:11
11. "White Summer/Black Mountain Side" (recorded live on 27 June 1969 in London, The United Kingdom, appeared on Led Zeppelin Boxed Set, 1990) Page 8:01
12. "Hey Hey What Can I Do" (recorded 1970, appeared on B-side to "Immigrant Song" single, 1970) Bonham, Jones, Page, Plant

Spotify for some reason did not end up with the 1993 CD release version of CO|DA in the Zeppelin artist page, or that song and a few new ones that have been on radio rotation for some years would be available. But spotify ended up with the standard 1982 release that was transferred to CD.

You can get access to a live version of Travelling Riverside Blues, Zeppelin's version of the Robert Johnson song from Zeppelin's BBC Sessions release here spotify:album:61Qn5YwV7doXt2R3AI971s

You can get access to a live version of White Summer/Black Mountain Side, Recorded Live in Paris of the same year of the London Show of the year 1969 from the Led Zeppelin III (Remastered Deluxe Edition) spotify:album:22BzOOZKYZ2jYYKLpOlnET

As you may or may not know, Zeppelin came out of the leftovers from the falling apart of The Yardbirds, where Jimmy Page ended up as it's last Guitarist and a new lineup that focused more on the heavily American Southern Blues Sound, rather than the standard Rock n roll - rhythm and blues mix sound that was a standard of The Yardbirds for some years with Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck. There are several releases show casing early live and studio versions and renditions of songs that would end up as Zeppelin recorded songs. A short history of that here as well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yardbirds

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@natfinn Maybe I should have another cup of coffee and re-read your post before responding. Nevermind. You have another cup of coffee and re-read the whole thread. Hint...Hey Hey is available on Spotify. Has been for a long time. Happy listening!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

If tracks are missing it is due to the record companies, not Spotify.

A little trivia, this song was originally released as a b side to immigrant song. It is the only non-album track every released by led zeppelin.
Posted using the Spotify Community app by Liam W

@ShaneWilleke  - I've moved this topic to the Help - Other board. Just tagging you to let you know where your post went! 😉

Missing or unavailable music is almost always a decision by the artist/label to withhold the content from Spotify. You can fill out this form
to let Spotify staff know of your interest in this song.

Marked as solution

Also to add to @Jarefri post on Zeppelin Triva, this track was also released on the 1993 CD version of CO]DA which included 4 new tracks, releases pulled from Zeppelin Box sets that were coming out at the time. The original Vivnly release of CO]DA had just 8 tracks, but the CD version added these 4 new songs which are: From wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coda_%28album%29

9. "Baby Come On Home" (recorded 1968, appeared on Boxed Set 2, 1993) Bert Berns, Page, Plant 4:30
10. "Travelling Riverside Blues" (recorded live on 24 June 1969 in London, The United Kingdom, appeared on Led Zeppelin Boxed Set, 1990) Robert Johnson, Page, Plant 5:11
11. "White Summer/Black Mountain Side" (recorded live on 27 June 1969 in London, The United Kingdom, appeared on Led Zeppelin Boxed Set, 1990) Page 8:01
12. "Hey Hey What Can I Do" (recorded 1970, appeared on B-side to "Immigrant Song" single, 1970) Bonham, Jones, Page, Plant

Spotify for some reason did not end up with the 1993 CD release version of CO|DA in the Zeppelin artist page, or that song and a few new ones that have been on radio rotation for some years would be available. But spotify ended up with the standard 1982 release that was transferred to CD.

You can get access to a live version of Travelling Riverside Blues, Zeppelin's version of the Robert Johnson song from Zeppelin's BBC Sessions release here spotify:album:61Qn5YwV7doXt2R3AI971s

You can get access to a live version of White Summer/Black Mountain Side, Recorded Live in Paris of the same year of the London Show of the year 1969 from the Led Zeppelin III (Remastered Deluxe Edition) spotify:album:22BzOOZKYZ2jYYKLpOlnET

As you may or may not know, Zeppelin came out of the leftovers from the falling apart of The Yardbirds, where Jimmy Page ended up as it's last Guitarist and a new lineup that focused more on the heavily American Southern Blues Sound, rather than the standard Rock n roll - rhythm and blues mix sound that was a standard of The Yardbirds for some years with Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck. There are several releases show casing early live and studio versions and renditions of songs that would end up as Zeppelin recorded songs. A short history of that here as well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yardbirds

That's interesting, now that we know the problem we should figure out the next step!  Will it ever be on Spotify?  I'm personally curious how Spotify goes about getting permissions, or if they pay royalties to bands or record companies?

The live version of Traveling Riverside Blues from the BBC sessions is now available on Spotify.

#awesome

So  agreed. Its my favorite song and I have to add it locally. It syncs and whatnot so my collection feels complete, but I shouldn't have had to have done that. Talk about irritating. 

Not only that, I have to commit more hard drive space to it so I can't just play the song from the Spotify cloud.

So  agreed. Its my favorite song and I have to add it locally. It syncs and whatnot so my collection feels complete, but I shouldn't have had to have done that. Talk about irritating. 

Not only that, I have to commit more hard drive space to it so I can't just play the song from the Spotify cloud.

Sorry for the multiple posts. The alerts kept telling me to correct errors and send.

Marked as solution

@natfinn Maybe I should have another cup of coffee and re-read your post before responding. Nevermind. You have another cup of coffee and re-read the whole thread. Hint...Hey Hey is available on Spotify. Has been for a long time. Happy listening!

It's the first time for me that it showed up in search using the commas in the title "Hey, Hey, What Can I do?": the way it was supposed to be written.

It was always cover artists and "Dread Zeppelin" remakes that appeared for me since as early as August '15. 

I hope you coffee was incredible.

Hi again everybody, I am still here and just wanted to say thanks to everyone waiting with me.  Thanks to the guy that pointed out that it now existed on Spotify, I for one didn't know that..  Couldn't have been around more than a couple months.  😉 Checking every day was exhausting. 😉  Cheers!

It's been on Spotify since last October! Happy you found it now!

Ha! No way! 😉 When did I start this thread? (Rhetorical) That's
awesome.. well I suck. Moving on! Thanks again Jarefri!

Sorry to jump on the band wagon so late on but on the the point of the Led maybe take a listen to this https://open.spotify.com/album/4OZSWR7kG2kMYTPeBL8zYZ?si=7zq_xfRETT25Z4_yF3RQGA, I’m a big fan of the Led and Pearl Jam, Keep rocking  guys 👊🏻🎸🎤🔊

Suggested posts