Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hiding and publishing playlist bugged

Solved!

Hiding and publishing playlist bugged

Zte Axon 7 Android 7.1.1 Spotify Premium version 8.4.62.490 armV7

Desktop, Microsoft Store version 1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd

When I hide my playlist on PC then it shows as published on my phone. Then after hiding it again on Android it shows as published on the PC version. 

So now I am unsure if the playlist is hidden or not.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

We understand.

In this case, we'll keep an eye out for any other reports about this and merge them to this thread if needed. We'll pass this on to the right team to get a closer look.

Feel free to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @Sellis97, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this. Does the issue persist if you log out and back into both devices a few times after making the change?

Let us know if that helps.

No it doesn't help. But it seems like the pc version is the right one. I am not sure if the Android version has its own settings that conflict with the desktop version. Or maybe the Android version doesn't have an ability to update the publish and hide settings when the commands come from desktop.

Hey @Sellis97.

Thanks for getting back to us.

This could be happening if the information on the desktop app doesn't sync to other devices.

To test this out, try having both applications open at the same time, and make sure the phone app isn't in Offline Mode. Once this is done, try updating the playlist settings from secret to public to see if it's updated on your phone.

In case it doesn't update, try logging out of the phone app and logging back in to further check.

Keep us posted.

Everything else is syncing but not that information. For example I can add/delete songs and they update the information just fine. I can rename playlists and that shows on both devices too. And like I said, logging out/in on both devices doesn't help. I think it's just a bug and nothing else.

Marked as solution

We understand.

In this case, we'll keep an eye out for any other reports about this and merge them to this thread if needed. We'll pass this on to the right team to get a closer look.

Feel free to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

All the best.

Hey @Sellis97,

Thanks trying the steps and getting back with the relevant info that @Alfredo and @SergioDavid have been requesting so far.

After some further testing on our end with various devices, it looks like this is happening on Android devices.

Could you: 

• Perform a clean reinstall on all your devices
  • Let us know if this happens on any other mobile devices that you might have
  • On your desktop, go to Settings > Social > Toggle 'Automatically make new playlists public' off

Once we have all of this info, and if we can find more related threads to merge to this, we'll look at reporting this further.

Currently, this thread has been moved to the 'Needs More Info' section of our Ongoing Issues board to track closer.

Thanks!

As discussed in my last comment, this is being moved to 'Needs More Info' after requesting some relevant steps to be taken.

To any new readers experiencing this too, remember that you'll need to let us know by adding your +VOTE at the top of this thread.

I tried reinstalling both Spotify versions and the make playlist public automatically option was already off. No success. So I am out of options to fix this but I will use the pc version to set some of my playlists to private.

Thanks for the update @Sellis97!

We'll make sure to keep track of it and if anything else comes up, just let us know. We'll be sending the info to the right folks to take a look.

Cheers!

Suggested posts