How To Disable Genius "Behind the Lyrics" on Chromecast?

Highlighted

Re: [Chromecast] Turning off Genius when casting Spotify to TV?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey folks, sorry about the delay here!

It looks like right now, this is expected behaviour. Although you can disable Behind The Lyrics on your phone, it will still currently show on your Chromecast.

Rest assured we've passed your feedback about this directly on.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, and let us know if there's anything else!

/M

Highlighted

Music Fan

Thanks for your effort, Melody.

It would be great if Spotify added an option to sync the Behind the Lyrics setting so that Genius texts won't appear when streaming with Google Cast.

Highlighted

Re: How To Disable Genius "Behind the Lyrics" on Chromecast?

Okey, from january I still can’t disable this really annoying function. I pay the fee regularly I’m a premium user why I have two wait for the solution two month or more? Don’t do this Spotify I love your streaming service, but I’m really thinking to change to Apple Music because this genius thing.

Highlighted

Re: How To Disable Genius "Behind the Lyrics" on Chromecast?

Casual Listener

My solution to this was actually to unplug my chromecast and just use my PS4 for all my media needs instead (works great actually because wifi is spotty around my TV and I can run internet for the PS4 via ethernet).

If spotify introduces genius lyrics to the PS4 app I'm gonna scream.

Highlighted

behind the lyrics can be turn off on the iphone app but when you try to cast on chromecast the feature is back again. please try to solve this problem fast

thanks

Highlighted

I turned behind the lyrics on account setting, but it still shows up on the screen. Is Spotify too lazy to fix this easy problem? It’s rediculous, can you fix it now? What am I paying fees every month for? Hurry up 

Highlighted

Mos embarrassing thing

Regular

You'll have to play "less popular" music if you have an event. Be careful when you throw parties and kids are there and the "behind the lyrics" says pretty dirty things and some nasty language.... Really bad move Spotify 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Any news on this issue?

Highlighted

Re: [Chromecast] Turning off Genius when casting Spotify to TV

Regular
None. I am pretty disappointed that this issue still remains.
--
____
Yates
Highlighted

Make it possible that "behind the lyrics" can be disabled while streaming from iPhone via Chromecast

Casual Listener

This topic and many others were closed without a solution

Plan

Premium

Version: 8.4.76.688

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12.0.1

Device #2

Chromecast, running firmware: 1.35.137090

My Question or Issue

TV / Chromecast still shows "behind the lyrics" although it has been disabled in the spotify app settings on the iPhone.

please fix as it has existed for a year or longer

many thanks!

Regards

Markus

IMG_5507.png
SUGGESTED POSTS