Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How To Disconnect From Facebook and Not Mess Up Your Log In

Solved!

How To Disconnect From Facebook and Not Mess Up Your Log In

So I have an account connected to Facebook, and I didn't realize that this would be a problem until I went to go delete my Facebook. I deleted it, but then when I went to log in on the website, I could not get in with my CORRECT log in information (I had only ever logged in with the "log in with FB" button). I restored my Facebook and then tried again, and it didn't work again either by just typing in my log in information, so I went to change my password and it will only let me chnage my information over Facebook, which is'nt right, to be honest. Is there a way that I can change my log in information WITHOUT going into Facebook, or even better, disconnect my Spotify from Facebook, making my Spotify completely independent from Facebook? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It sounds like you signed up for Spotify using your Facebook account. 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

It sounds like you signed up for Spotify using your Facebook account. 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Oh, okay, I see now. Thanks!!!

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts