Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I block alcohol ads from showing up?

How can I block alcohol ads from showing up?

I am a recovering addict and do not want to see alcohol related ads. Is there any way I can choose what ads I see or to at least get the alcohol related ones blocked please?
3 Replies

Hey @Nocterum,

Unfortunately, at the moment, its not possible to block certain ads from appearing. There was an idea thread up a while ago, which can be found here. The only real option that you have now is getting premium and removing ads all together. I know it kinda sucks looking at your situation but Im afraid you cant do anything other than that. You could however, try to report the ads to the staff directly using the online contact form (cant guarantee that action will be taken).

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note that it can take up to 48 hours to get a reply.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is absurd, especially since Spotify is the only streaming service that works with my PS4. I will not reward a company for being insensitive to my millions of brothers and sisters in recovery.

Hey there!

I just wanted to let you know that I've moved your thread to the right board - just making sure it gets the attention it deserves! I've spoken with a band member at Spotify, and they've said that they've passed your feedback on, but it'd be best for you to purchase Spotify Premium.

Spotify is running a few Christmas/Holiday promotions right now! You can check them out at: https://spotify.com/premium/?checkout=false 🙂

Cheers,
Tim

Suggested posts